1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

family... need advice Please !!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ems, Mar 21, 2013.

1. ems

ems

Hope I am posting this in the right section . I just want some advice or any feed back would be helpful . Sorry its long. Anyways im just getting fed up with my lot - mostly my family . They are old fashioned and homophobic which I just upsetting . Given the things I hear them say about gays. I have been just not trying to take much notice , but them saying how they are discugsting and they shouldn't be on this earth and that there horrible etc I'm not going to say them all or the really bad ones other wise I will be here. All night. but lately I'm fed up with hiding how I am. My friends know and are still talking to me so thats good.It's just If I tell them ill lose them , its hard thinking that one little thing like who I like could turn them against me. It's just stupid u should be able to love who u like. It's not like u can help it. Ahh soz for. The long rant its just been upsetting me I'd get angry , frustrated , sad - not nessecarly in that order and sometimes mixed up. I'm at the end of my thread , they also are blind as bat s and don't notice when I'm upset or if something is troubling me. What can I do before I do something ill regret, its hard to live like this.

2. Exoskeleton

I know what you're going through.

My family is exceedingly homophobic. My mom is constantly starting up on rants about gays and all of their terrible qualities, so on and so forth. I'm struggling right now with sitting in silence and listening to her unwittingly insult my character, my intentions, and who I am.

That said, I don't have an answer for you. For me, I flip back and forth between waiting until I am completely independent of my family to tell them and simply never telling them at all to maintain the peaceful and "loving" relationship that we have. And then there are those times when I want to come out to them so bad but chicken out.

So, I know a lot of what you feel, and I'm sorry you've been settled with such a family. I don't have any answers, but I wish you well and hope you can find some.

Stay strong, and remember that you're loved. (&&&)

3. ems

ems

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I suppose its hard to say what to do . Right now I live with them so telling them and getting kicked out would be bad . I just have these days where one min I wanna tell them consequences be dammed and other days I wouldn't wanna tell them even if u payd me .a bit like u said. Yesterday was one of those frustrating days *sigh * . In the ideal world everyone would accept and not care but I suppose that's dream land.

4. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So identical to my family. It bugged me at first but now, i've stopped caring about what they think. According to my grandma, ''fem gays are naturally like that, but should not date''
    Hang in there....XOXO

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't live at home with my parents, I live on my own in my own place & I still can't come out to my family because of their Homophobic views, I must admit that my Mom & Stepdad have got better since they came into contact with my aunts Gay Brother in law, who made them really welcome when they visited Australia & he really made a fuss of them & they came back saying what a great Guy he was.

My Brother gets mad when he see's a Gay Guy on telly who is Mincing about & acting up to the camera, he is the most Homophobic & will probably be the hardest to tell, it is hard when you want to climb the highest mountain & shout "I AM GAY" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: