1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Take A Minute To Read This

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Grant, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know I've kind of ranted on a bit down there but please take a few minutes to read it and tell me what you think (&&&)

I think I'm in love with this guy in my school. Although.. I've never spoken to him. It may sound bonkers but I just love everything about him, he walks with such confidence, he seems really friendly and funny and well, he's REALLY hot. Problem is, I don't even know if this guy is gay, he isnt open about it anyway. there's always that doubt in me that I'm being stupid thinking about him, that he'd have no interest in me whatsoever.

Another problem is, he is two or three years older than me, so maybe I am just being crazy, I really don't know; this is my first time ever feeling like this about anyone so it's really wrecking my head.

I've thought about speaking to him but what would I say "hi"? I think that would just be really awkward. And then to add to my list of problems, hell be graduating in like 8 weeks and then ill never see him again. And I'm tearing my hair out wondering what to do, should I stop chasing this stupid fantasy or should I pursue it? And if so, HOW? Sometimes I just wish that we could live In a world where no one would have any reason whatsoever to not come out of the closet and that it was just as normal for guys to hit on guys as well as boys to hit on girls.

Anyway thanks to the people that actually read all that. :thumbsup:

Please give me your honest opinions, Ill appreciate every single one. :icon_bigg

2. Renge

Well, why don't give it a try? :slight_smile:
    Don't you have something such a mutual interest or in the same club, maybe?

3. Mytchii

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Since you mentioned that he is leaving in 8 weeks, what's the worst that can happen?
    You don't have to be "in-your-face" about it, just talk and try to befriend him.

The only major problem, one I've faced many times, is you've built him up SO much in your head that you may be disappointed if reality≠fantasy. No one can possibly live up to the hype we create around a person we find attractive.

Either way, it's a learning experience. I say, talk to him. Befriend him. In the end, you could gain one of two things: a new friend or a potential boyfriend.

Good Luck! Let us know what you decide to do. =D

4. Monocle

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with others! You might as well take a chance, especially if he's leaving soon. If you share a class, you could ask to borrow his notes, or see if he'd like to have a study buddy. That would give you an opportunity to talk/hang out with him, at the very least.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for all your answers guys, maybe I should give it a try. What should I say to him though? Any ideas? By the way we don't share any classes or clubs. Although he would would probably know me through my brother who is in the same year as him if that springs any ideas. Please keep all the opinions coming, really appreciate it guys :slight_smile:

6. Wolfie Charm

Have you seem him wear something you know? Like a game or concert shirt? Guys in my old school had keychains on them all the time for different bands and such. Maybe if you approach about something like “Hey, is that a (whatever caught your eye)?” and then say something about the meaning behind it. Or “I like that too.” but I find it easier to start a conversation if you say something more. Good luck!

7. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is a good idea but we wear uniform in my school so the opportunity isn't that common. Thanks a lot though, please keep the thoughts flowing guys :slight_smile:

8. Renge

Maybe have lunch together when he's alone in the cafetaria, say "Is this seat taken?/May I join you?"

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to notice, as Wolfie Charm above suggested, something of interest on him, maybe what he is carrying, heck even his shoes, idk! Then find out his name if you can, and use it often. You need a place or opportunity so lunch is an excellent suggestion. If you then have the chance to have a long conversation, proceed, show interest, lean forward, and after that long conversation, ask him simply (but confidently, without shame) if he dates guys (use those words, focuses on what he does and not on what he is). You should know soon enough!

10. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My school doesn't have a cafeteria :tears: thanks for all the ideas though :thumbsup: (*hug*)

11. Wolfie Charm

None? Where do you guys eat? Do you grab something from a nearby deli/fast food?

12. BornInTexas

Weird. Your post is scary similar to me, but I'm in the opposite position. O_O

You should definitely take a chance to ask him out to a deli, and if he says no, what is the difference? He is leaving in 8 weeks after he graduates.

But there is also that chance that he might say yes. =) Definitely ask him out to a deli/restaurant.

13. Stripe101

There was a guy I liked at school... Then he called me an outcast behind my back. (Literally)

:icon_bigg

Let's just say he won't be saying things about me anymore.
    :icon_twis

14. neha

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey grant,hi buddy.well m also in a similar situation.you can go through my post of in love with my senior.i dont know what advice should i give u bcos i myself need help.after reading ur post i know i m not the only one to go through this pain.i hope tat everything turns well for u and tat guy falls in love with u.what can be better than that.god bless u mate.

15. Grant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much for all the kind words guys, my heart goes out to u all ;-) And @woolfie charm our schools in town so we either bring our own packed lunch or just go buy food ;P same to u Neha, good luck :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

16. Wolfie Charm

That’s so cool. I wish mine had been that way.