1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad. >:[

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chierro, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dad is so frustrating for many, many reasons. I don't get along with him at all. Do I just have casual chats with him? No. Do I have anything in common with him? No. Do I think I'm adopted? Yes, because of him. I'll begin my rant from here.

First thing is gender stereotypes. Just because I'm a guy does not mean I should be expected to like hunting, fishing, sports, cars, etc. But that's how my dad is. He loves cars, and hunting, and fishing, and building things on his own, but that should not dictate what I like. I come from a 'country' family. All my cousins hunt, all my uncles hunt, my dad hunts; I don't. Why? Because I don't think you should go out and hunt down animals for fun, to me it's kind of sickening, I don't care what people say. Sure, hunting for food and to decrease overpopulation, that's acceptable, but just for fun...meh. I don't really enjoy fishing that much either, but I can live through it.

Every year, in April, my dad and I go up to our family's cabin. But see, it's not really anyone I know/care about up there. It's all these fucked up old men who think they're all badass. They're not. If I could choose not to go, I wouldn't. But sadly it's expected from me. I would go only to spend time with my cousins, that's it. See these fucked up old men are stuck in their old ways. They think that they can just yell at us (my cousins and I) and tell us what to do. People tend to forget that I hate authority. I would want to yell back but then I'm not 'respecting my elders.' For example this one guy D, which can stand for douchebag or dickhead or even his name, expects my cousins and I to do the dishes. I never to the dishes considering I live in modern times, unlike those old fucks. I'll do it. Am I pleased? No. And all they talk about up there are hot girls and sex and all this shit. I'd probably be beat to death if they knew I liked guys. So fucking frustrating!

My dad just pisses me off. He expects me to just want to help him build things. He expects me to want to do all of this stuff and I just don't want to. And I get yelled at for it! Did he EVER have my sister do this stuff? No! Total stereotype! Argh!!

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    have you ever had a conversation with him telling him this stuff?? you can leave out the liking guys part, but maybe he just thinks you enjoy it, who knows, maybe he has a totally different perspective??

3. Chierro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dad can be semi counted as one of the fucked up men. And trust me there's no way he could think I 'enjoy' myself. When I'm pissed, it shows.

4. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well that sad, hope you manage to bungle through it without TOO much exasperation.