1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infatuation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mildmannered, Mar 23, 2013.

1. mildmannered

So, after a while of, "okay, I'm lesbian. I can live with this." I have become increasingly aware of the opposite sex. Dissapointingly enough.(jk) I just, I like the weirdest guys, and when I was all dressed up for my concert, and warming up and stuff, this rather odd aquaintence of mine starts chatting me up. He was really funny, and joked that 'If you have shoulder pads, you will succeed.' Then I gestured that he felt them, because I had on a cute blazer with shoulder pads. (like stylish old ladies have)

I dunno. He was just so cute, the way he kinda failed at flirtation/ yet really seemed to warm up. He talked to me nearly the whole time, but when he didn't, he would kind of look at me like there was something more he wanted to say, amd smile. (like how gorgeous I looked) It was the most amazing gesture, coming from a guy who likes to fart in class and laugh about it.. much to the dismay of everyone else.

That being said... Maybe I just like the feeling of being appreciated. I need to get out more... :dry:

Any thoughts?

2. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I mean just because almost all of the time you're attracted to girls and you're not really attracted to guys doesn't mean you can't sometimes be slightly attracted to guys! Like you've probably heard it a million times, but very few people are 100% gay or 100% straight or 100% bisexual. Human nature is extremely complication, and by that logic, so too is sexuality. We can't shove something so complicated into three distinct categories.

Recently, I had to post here so I could figure out whether I am attracted to a female teacher of mine. And Ianthe summed it up fairly well: I was infatuated with her, but attraction has to be active. It's not a "I wouldn't mind" kind of thing — that's not attraction.

But in the end, it is nice to feel appreciated and know that you look well. That could have been it. For instance, I worked in a cafe for a year and I always liked when it was obvious that a lot of female customers fancied me!

3. Mysz

Natural! Agreeing wholeheartedly with TwoMethod. I still blush when guys compliment me- it doesn't mean I'm attracted to them. It makes you feel really good when people tell you that you look really good! If you're still unsure and wavering about what you are, then dabble, experiment, see how you feel about either sex. You won't find out just by worrying about it :slight_smile: