1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just broke up with my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brave23, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Brave23

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A few days ago, I felt he was acting pretty weird. I just found out he was cheating on me. He asked me to forgive him, but I refuse to accept it. Shoud I accept it and go back to him?

2. lxlJDlxl

If I were on that position, I would not. He would never cheat in the first place if he really loves me. And based on my experience, if a person did it once, most probably he will do it again.

It's up to you, if you still want to continue your relationship.

#2 lxlJDlxl, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. Dalmatian

Can you cross over the fact he deceived you? Can you respect that he finally told you and asked for forgiveness? Can you trust him he won't do it again? If yes, will that be enough? If not, are you prepared to be in a non-exclusive relationship?

There are many questions, but you are the one to answer them. Honestly, I don't even know what I would do in that situation. Knowing myself, I'd probably end up gloomily back in the relationship for another month before realizing I can't take it.

4. Hexagon

Forgive him? Yes.
    Go back to him? thats more difficult. Do you feel he is going to be honest in the future?

5. WorldsCollided

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you live with the fact that he had cheated on you? Or would you think he had done it once so it might happen again?

6. NyanKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This person has already ruined the special connection you shared. Be the better person and don't look back honey!

7. June Cleaver

I vote yes to forgiving him, and HELL NO to taking him back unless you can deal with the cheating. I have dealt with this myself and once a cheater always a cheater I have found. So it really is up to you. The bad part about cheaters is they are telling you you are not what they want, but what is easy for now. One day they find what they want and don't think twice about you while dumping you when they find "the one" and my last one tried to come back when he found she used him and dumped him. I told him HELL NO!!! One thing I have learned getting to 40 is once you break-up with a guy, you are a fool to take him back. Every time I did it they came back and it was worse than ever. Good Luck June

8. LD579

I'll take a slightly different stance on things.

You have to talk with him more. He's asked for your forgiveness, and he's admitted that he's cheated on you. That takes admirable courage, I'd bet. But why did he cheat in the first place? Was he drunk? Was it because he feels a void in your relationship with each other?

After you find out why he did it, the path's clearer for you. You can decide, from there, whether you want to forgive him and work through your issues together, or if you think his explanation isn't good enough, and you've 100% truly been wronged, you can leave him.

Cheating isn't so black and white. I don't know how long you've been with him, and how much you care for him, but I suggest talking to him about why he cheated in more detail.

9. samelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Cheating is definitely a deal-breaker for me. I could see forgiving the person, but it would be hard for me ever to trust them fully again.