1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm in love with my best friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Morph, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Morph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've known my best friend since I was around 4 years old and we came out to each other as gay about two months ago (we're both 16 now). I've always thought he was attractive and had some sort of feelings for him, but since we started college all I want to do is spend time with him and just be close to him all the time. I told him that I liked him, and it was kind of awkward at first but he just said "I don't feel the same way and I don't think I ever will, we've known each other too long" and that was basically the end of it. He's made a few jokes about it since and doesn't seem ashamed to talk about it. It got me down a lot that he rejected me, and I was really depressed for a few months but i'd finally started to get over him and then...

The other day he came to stay the night at my house and we were both laid in my bed and he suddenly started spooning me. He held me in his arms for about an hour while we watched TV and we were practically naked then he started like pushing his face into my neck and he started rubbing my lips saying they were soft etc (He's currently on medication that makes his skin dry and it affects his lips quite badly so I think it was because of that) and then we started talking about what we've done with guys and we were quite open with each other. I got up to have a cigarette and he laid in my place sprawled across the bed so I couldn't lay next to him and I was like "move you knob head" and he was like "nooo" and he stuck his hand out from the duvet and pulled me on top of him with my head right next to his and he moved me so I was in between his legs and he kept tickling and running his fingers down my back and I looked at him and our eyes met and he was just expressionless on his face and just stared me in the eye and I giggled because I didn't know what to do and he was like "what you laughing at?" and I said it was because he was bog-eyed when he looked at me and he started laughing and rubbing his face into my neck again and I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes and he bit my neck gently a few times. And then our eyes met again for a bit longer this time and I could tell he was dying to kiss me in his eyes and his expression and I was dying to kiss him too, but nothing happened. We just laid and spooned for another hour or so while we watched a film and then we decided to go to sleep.

But i'm so confused... I don't know whether he likes me or not? I'm head over heels in love with him. He's perfect! I love him so much, it'd be like a dream come true to be able to do all this every night and wake up to him in the morning and tell him how much I love him and have children and get married and live in a beautiful house -he's the one, I know he is! It's been getting me down a lot recently since he rejected me, and I really don't know what i'm supposed to do. :help:

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. SettingHerFree

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to fancy myself in love with one of my guy friends the same way. I'd known him forever and I thought he was just perfect... of course that all changed when I realized brotherly love was all i'd ever feel! The reason I brought that up is that he was much the same way. He'd pull me into his arms and flirt constantly, and when I told him I felt something more he just blew it off. Years later when I'd realized I was a lesbian he decided he wanted to be with me. So my point is this: feelings change. It sounds to me that he might either be in love with you or willing to give it a try. It couldn't hurt to ask him how he felt! I hope this helps some!

3. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with SettingHerFree. Feelings do change, and it sounds certainly like his feelings for you have changed for the better.

It definitely sounds like he is in love with you. It would be normal to wonder if his feelings may be only sexual and not romantic in nature, but prolonged spooning kind of rules that out. Spooning and wanting to be close to you is a sure sign he definitely has romantic feelings for you. Also, the holding you in his arms. There is no doubt about it!

So if the question is "does he like you?", then the answer is almost certainly "yes!".

But then I suppose you'd probably be wondering what to do next. And I would suggest just not doing anything out of the ordinary. Do everything as normal. It's obviously taken a long time for him to recognise his feelings for you and come to terms with them. He even probably was coming to terms with being gay, especially if you only told each other two months ago.

How about you just invite him over or go to his house the same way you've been doing, and do exactly the same thing, except this time go a bit further and kiss him? And then when you wake up the next morning, tell him how much you liked the night before, which will mean that he has to respond. Presumably, he'll have enjoyed it too. And gradually, you'll both acknowledge your feelings for each other. But I would suggest leaving it a while before you label anything about your relationship. If it's taken this long for him to come to terms with everything, then you don't want to freak him out.

Anyway, have you spoken to him about what happened? Or even have you spoken to him since then? Are things a bit weird between you two or is everything normal?

Please let us know how things go between you guys!

4. Yui

Yui

Don't rush anything and keep calm :slight_smile:

Wait to see what he does and then follow him, don't scare him off.

If there's anything weird between the two of you you should think about having a talk otherwise I'd say you can relax and enjoy it for now :slight_smile:

About the kissing - you can always start with a cheek, his forehead, his neck, whatever. Easy to do while cuddling and a good way to test the waters :slight_smile: I like the temples and the place where the cheeks meet the ears (and then moving up to the side of the forehead) best for this purpose :grin:

5. Morph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks this helped a lot. He does give me quite a lot of brotherly love to be honest like he always wants to play fight with me for no reason etc. I'll have to wait and see :slight_smile:

Thanks for this, helped a lot :slight_smile: It's just really messing with my head, if he has feelings for me I just want him to tell me. He just gives mixed signs all the time and I just really don't know how to take them. It seems to be okay between us, like there is no awkwardness or anything I don't think. But the day after I asked him if he wanted to stay over again and he just kinda put it off and said he couldn't be bothered... so if he was actually serious about it I think he would have come regardless like I would for him. I was thinking about asking him to come to mine on saturday night but I don't want to come across as desperate, but then again i'm dying to be with him and for him to hold me and to have another perfect night. Thank you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips, I'll see if I can make a move :slight_smile: