1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backstabbed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lexi, Mar 25, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

Okay so I have a close group of friends, we all went to homecoming together and hang out a lot, so I assumed we'd all go to prom together. I started asking people about seating (they're reserved) and everyone so far seemed fine except hailey, who said shed have to get back to me.

Today at lunch hailey told me she was sitting at a different table... later I found out that hailey had gotten our entire group of friends (everyone at my table other than my boyfriend and my best friend) and some other people that she rarely even talks to, and they all got a table together. They're all planning to do group pictures and post prom stuff together. They're basically planning the whole thing without me and my best friend (and our dates).

As much as I was to say "I can't believe it" I cant, because I do believe it. Hailey is a bitch and I've known all year. I watched her destroy her friend Anne (now everyone hates her) over something really stupid. I think she's trying to do the same to me just because we work at the same place but our boss likes me better and she knows that. (not to mention she's not confident about herself and I am). She started getting competitive with me because I stopped kissing up to her, because I realized she's not perfect like everyone thinks.

I'm also mad at my boyfriend though. He thinks that I'm overreacting, and defending Hailey because she would NEVER do this to intentionall hurt me.. But the thing is that she would, and she did. He sees the best in everyone which is good, but now doesn't see that my friend stabbed me in the back, and os currently flaunting it (having all of them stand in front of my locker while talking about prom, stuff like that)

Well screw them because i still have my best friend, and my boyfriend but..He refuses to see what a bitch she is.

Most of this is just venting. I hate all the high school drama, and I don't want to be a part of it, but right now, I'm the target of it all. Any advise on how to handle it? Avoid my "friend?" Confront her? Put on my best dress and heels and pretend nothing happened? Kick her ass? I don't know yet...

2. Lux

Lux

I know how much this sucks. I think to some degree we've all experienced this. I experience this a little even as a college kid.

My main advice for you is to let it go. I know it's hard, but think of it like this. You have only a few months left in highschool--max a year if you're talking about junior prom.

That's not much. But I suggest you forget about the bitches and just focus on the people you're going to miss when you're gone, because you don't have much time left to appreciate them, and it's a waste to spend what little time remains seething over Hailey's failings.

There are so many girls who I couldn't stand over the years... mostly due to their manipulative tendencies and backstabbing natures. And the worst part is each of those girls were so two faced that no one believed me and I just looked crazy in my attempts to expose their ugly side.

So after a while I just stopped trying. At this point, I'm friendly to everyone, but I only devote my time and mental energy to people who I legitimately care about. After all life is short.

3. asmith6543

I agree. Most people will goto college, and act like high school never happened. Just forget about it and enjoy life before college.

4. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm afraid I don't have any advice. I dealt with the same sort of thing when I was in school, and it made me pretty miserable for awhile. Never really figured out a good way to handle it, apart from not being in school. (I was homeschooled for a bunch of high school.)