1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lez, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am new to being a lesbian and have absolutely NO experience with dating. Avoided that my entire life- what did it matter guys were ehh and girls weren't on the menu yet. Now that it DOES matter, I am totally unprepared. Anyway there is this girl I REALLY like that I met at a meet-up (lesbian social club). We really seemed to hit it off. I asked her to meet to talk. We met at Panera over dinner and were there for hours. I recently asked about maybe seeing a movie...Will probably meet and see one this week.

Advice I am seeking....

1. What is considered appropriate 2nd or 3rd date behavior? (depends if you count the meetup or not..)

2. What are things I can do on our movie date to let her know how I feel?

Thanks!

2. Wolfie Charm

Ooo I am inexperienced too but wanted to say I am excited for you and hope your date with her goes well! :grin:

3. LD579

1. It really depends on the mood, the time and place, and her feelings and your own at that specific time and place. If something feels right, and you might want to make a move, like going for a hug or kiss, I suggest asking if it's alright if you're unsure of how she feels. If you think she's okay with either of those, you may not have to ask.

2. It depends. I don't know how strongly you feel about her this early on, but... You could just be honest and genuine and raw, and say that you've been looking forward to the date a lot, and that you really enjoy spending time with her. That's simple, and honest, and she'll likely be flattered. It's anyone's guess as to how she'll respond.

Good luck, though! I hope you have a nice time. =)

4. QueerQueen

If you're not exactly sure how she feels and your in the movie theatre, I think holding her hand would be a really cute gesture to show her that you have feelings for her. If she's comfortable with that then maybe at the end of the date you can give her a kiss if your feeling up to it, or just a hug. But starting off slow would probably be the good way to go.

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm a big fan of just asking outright when it comes to anything related to dating, so if you're asking about things like hand-holding and kissing when you ask #1, you could just ask. You don't always have to use words to do so. If you want to hug her, you can open your arms to the side and smile at her like you're anticipating a hug. Then it still feels spontaneous if she does it, but if she doesn't want to, you haven't forced it upon her.

There's nothing wrong with just asking, though. When you're sitting in the theater, you can just whisper in her ear, "Can I hold your hand?" Again, that way, if she didn't want to, you haven't forced her to do something she doesn't like to do, and if she does want to, she's not going to say no because you asked. :slight_smile:

6. Mogget

I'll kiss on a second date, but making out is fairly casual to me, and for some people it's very meaningful.