1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling like nobody really cares

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by myheartincheck, Mar 25, 2013.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone (Sorry if this story gets long)

So I'm not posting my story here to get a pity party or anything... it's mainly to vent. Everyone who knows me on here knows I fell for my straight best friend who led me on (so typical right?) but now 5 months or so have passed and I've accepted we'll never be lovers.

My main concern though is the loss of our friendship. I am a naturally social person, but I feel like I can't just be friends with her like she wants to be and so I've started to isolate myself (which everyone knows is the healthiest method right...). Her and I have a lot of mutual friends, and my friends see her more than me and talk to me about her.

One of my closest friends, we'll call her K, is this girl's sister, so she can't know I'm in love with her sister for obvious reasons LoL

My other close friend (R?) is also close friends with that girl, and she knows what happened but they've been hanging out more than ever (whoopee for those facebook pics!) so I feel really hurt for illogical reasons.

My other friends work, have kids, don't like hanging out, etc, and so I never really get to hang out with anyone and it's caused me to go into a major depression as I have no one to spoil with my affection.

I have better friends on here than in real life, but I'm really getting tired of the loneliness. I've volunteered and I see a counsellor etc, but I have no money to go anywhere or spoil myself. My birthday is coming up soon and it depresses me to have so few friends to celebrate with!

Wow. I apologize for this very emo thread. Does anybody understand how I feel? :cry:

2. Wolfie Charm

Yes. I don't have anyone to hang out with except on Saturdays when I am at work. They're kids and one adult who is my friend but far older. It absolutely sucks, especially when you need to vent about something or just share secrets. No socialization going on for me IRL, either.

3. Just Jess

(*hug*)

For what it's worth, I know it's just the internet but you made my whole month when you friended me here :slight_smile: I was going through a really tough time right then. There's a real person hundreds of miles away and you made her life a lot better.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I see my friends on Saturday at work too, but of course that's a time to be professional. I'm glad someone understands.
    Awww you almost made me cry with that post. (*hug*) I'm so glad I was able to help in any way. :kiss:

5. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You nailed it right here. If you don't want to hang out with her, that's fine - just ask your friends if they want to hang out in a smaller group sometime. Or just one-on-one. If they know what's happened, they'll understand. And the less isolation, the better.

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

The only problem is there's only one friend who would like to hang out with me but her and that girl are really close too, and they hang out so much... I try not to let it bother me but yeah... :dry: I wish I didn't have so many mutual friends with her

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm sure this friend of yours can at the least dedicate this one day for your birthday. You're about to be the big 21! It's a big deal, although I hardly remember what I did :grin:

Go out to eat, the movies, dancing or bowling. If not, how about you try going to a gay bar if there's one near you. I know how difficult it is being around someone you love, but cannot have. It sucks, but you're doing the right thing by putting distance between you two. That's what I had to do again with a friend of mine and I'm sure she could care less. I'm kinda glad because at least I was given the opportunity to see her for who she really is--not a real friend.

#7 pinklov3ly, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  8. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Absolutely. If nothing else, they got to be close by spending time with each other. :slight_smile: Give her a call and set something up.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

I feel better knowing people have responded and I feel alittle less lonely. My friend is definately hanging out with me for my party LoL I will just have to keep making new friends and hope more stay

10. ems

ems

I know how u feel . Most of my friends are away , even when they are around the don't want to meet. I did a post a few weeks ago about being lonely and lost . I still feel like that now. I haven't got any great advice but u have made me feel better in the past and knowing there is other people out there that feel the same thing can sometimes help .