1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want a girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by JustMe2602, Mar 26, 2013.

1. JustMe2602

I'm 16 years old and I have never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl.
    I really want a girlfriend but how do I get one?
    I don't know any gay people (except on EC, haha) and I'm not even out to everyone yet.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

2. Mouse86

Mouse86 Guest

Hi there,
    I met my first girlfriend when I was 16 or 17. I mean the first girl that wasn't just my straight-girl crush - this one was real and gay. We met online and we were more like friends than lovers, there was no big romantic love between us. However, she was my first girl and I'll always remember her.
    I'm sure there are some personals and online dating sites where you live, so you may do some browsing. The good thing with online dating is that you know that those girls are gay and you're on the same boat...

3. Wolfie Charm

If you go the online route you still have to be careful of course. :wink: The usual be careful about personal info, meeting in a public placeā€¦ Most people are legit but there are those who are not.

4. Mouse86

Mouse86 Guest

Definitely be careful. I was once texting with a girl I met online and we decided to meet (in a public place :slight_smile: ) But instead of a girl, there came a guy to the meeting. He explained he had been playing with me the whole time.

I didn't mean to scare you.. but these things really happen :/

5. Snap,, I'm the exact same. Good luck! :slight_smile:

6. QueerQueen

Online dating can be a little sketchy, I have only seen one site where to show that you are legit you have to take a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper with your username written on it. Other sites don't have that, but if you want to make sure that they are real have them call you, or if you have Skype you can always go in a call with them. I would never meet someone without doing one of the above.

If your city or town has a gay pride I would suggest going to it, bring one of your friends that knows about your sexuality and go. Gay pride is usually during the summer, although you can meet a ton of LGBT people by going to it. I'm not saying that you'll definitely get a girlfriend out of it, but you'll probably come out of it with a couple of friends.