1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she lesbian HELP

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Unknown128, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Unknown128

I am a closeted lesbian and im wondering if my friend is also. We go to school together and she is always very touchy but i think its the most with me and we look into each others eyes then laugh and sit really close. We are actually both touchy with each other (not in a sexual way gosh) and i am very confused whether she likes me or not. We also have a lot in common and we always talk. My other friends have siad we look like a couple and sometimes our faces are only inches apart. She is moving across country soon and i will only see her every few months. I think we are both very comfortable with each other but im not sure if its in a friendly way or more. Please help because this kind of flirting happens like every day in school and im confused

2. BudderMC

If she hasn't told you she's into girls, then it's safest to assume she isn't into girls.

Have you considered coming out to her?

3. Unknown128

Thanks and i might in the summer i dont know yet

4. birdy

Sounds like she might like you, but she also could just be a flirty person. I would first see how she feels about homosexuality by bringing it up in conversation in an impersonal way. Maybe talk about how you know someone gay and see what she says about that. If she isn't homophobic, then I would definitely come out to her. You could even tell her that you might have feelings for her at the same time. I hope all goes well for you!

5. I'm sorry to tell you that you should probably keep your feet on the ground. Don't rule her out entirely, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

6. TKM

TKM

Sounds like my situation I haven't told her I'm gay yet, but I've been bringing things up especially with the supreme court and prop.8 it's relevant so it doesn't seem random. I think I would start to see how she feels about gays :slight_smile: hope this helped a little

7. Unknown128

Yeah she has a gay uncle and so do i and she isnt homophobic at all so i might come out to her soon

8. birdy

Ok, that's so great that she isn't homophobic! At least you know that she'll likely be accepting of your sexuality even if she doesn't have feelings for you. You don't necessarily have to have a dramatic coming out production or even use labels. You could just say that you think you might be into girls. That might make it easier to say if she might like girls too even if she isn't comfortable with a label yet.

---------- Post added 26th Mar 2013 at 08:55 PM ----------

Sorry to be blowing up this thread, but I must add that this is pretty much how my best friend became my girlfriend. We were kind of flirty and really connected intellectually and emotionally. We were (and are) both thoroughly closeted and unsure if we're bisexual or lesbians. I told her that I wasn't sure of my sexuality, which prompted her to tell me the same. I'm hoping that this is the case for you! I would just recommend not rushing anything because it takes time to trudge through coming to terms with your sexuality and working through a relationship in secret.

9. Unknown128

No dont be sorry thank you for the help