1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reaching a point of no return...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rebellion, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Rebellion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey folk, I've been thinking lately since I came out to my best friend and have realised that I'm reaching a point of no return and Im feeling quite nervous, in fact, it's 6am here and I can't sleep, I'll explain it a bit: I live in a somewhat big town, but still a town, everyone knows everyone here, and it's a somewhat homophobic place, and if I get out with gay friends (everyone knows here who's out of the closet) it's obvious I'm not gonna keep the straight shroud on me any longer.

Well, thing is my friend has hooked me up with a gay friend of his (just for friendship, supposedly...) next thursday night, I've seen a photo of him and though he's as old as me he irradiates self-confidence and experience and you can spot he's gay 1km away while I'm just a half-closeted gay guy that just came out of the closet, stinking low-confidence that has barely any experience in normal night life and relationships (I can't even move in a "normal" way in the disco), and thanks that I've made some friends in the university, otherwise I'd not have got out of my bubble yet, let's not forget I finished my social anxiety therapy like 6 months ago, so I just shiver thinking I could go out for gay night life, considering I could make friends with that guy, something I don't see pretty clear yet due to my poor skill at making friends.

Well, and that's all I guess, I know that I've got to get out of my comfort zone if I don't wanna live in my bubble/little hell any longer, and assuming everything ends up fine, I'll end up getting out of the closet to this whole town and the rest of my family, and though I feel much prepared than a year ago, I don't know if things are going too fast or if it should be the best to finish with this straight shroud for good at fast as possible.
    Well, thank you for reading me again, I'd appreciate some kind of advice if possible.