1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell my homosexual crush I like him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Mar 28, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

OK, so I am a bisexual (mainly gay though) and am in year 9 of secondary school, the boy I like is in year 7. Not only is there a 2 year age difference, but I don't know whether he is gay or not. The signs I have found from him are very stereotypical, but here they are:
    - Walks gay
    - Runs gay
    - Acts/Plays gay
    - Generally seems gay
    - He tilts his head slightly in photos

And these are the signs that he isn't gay:
    - Deeper voice than most people his age
    - Plays football

I understand that these are all stereotypes, but they are the only signs that I have recognised. You are also probably thinking that I am too young to know my sexuality, and that I am too young to be so concerned about a relationship, but please, he is the only boy that I have real feelings for. :help: Oh yes, also, I saw a couple of his friends around school once, and the one was hiding around the corner, and the other found him. Then, the one that was hiding screamed properly like a girl, and I mean seriously like a girl, It was so high pitched that even I wouldn't be able to scream like it. I'm not sure whether or not this might mean that the boy I like is gay or bisexual, but I may be.

I have came out to most people in school, but no family yet. One person I told had to go and tell the boy that I fancy though didn't he. And it would just so happen that I would be standing right next to him at the time. The good thing is though, the boy I like didn't actually pull a face, he just looked neutrally at me.

Some more things you might want to know:
    - I live three doors away from him
    - I think his sister knows I like him
    - I think his friends know I like him
    - I think he knows I like him

So, these are the questions I would love to be answered:

1 Do you think he's gay given the signs and other information
    2 What are some other things that could help me find out his sexuality
    3 Should I tell him how I feel towards him

Any more advice you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you x :help: :thumbsup:

2. Mysz

1- How does a person walk/run gay? I would love to know how :lol: It would save me the trouble of coming out! His voice also doesn't matter. I know someone who is gay and on the football team, too. They got some hate for it, though- so perhaps this boy is too afraid to come out.
    2. Get to know him and look through his FB (if you have one) for any anti or pro gay posts. If the boy already knows and he didn't pull a face, then you have some work to do. He might be considering, or he might not want to hurt your feelings. Interact with him and apologize for your friend's actions.

3. LD579

I wouldn't assume anything. All those 'signs' that you've noted aren't indicators of being gay. If you really want to give this a go, you could ask him out... But be prepared to be turned down.

Why do you think you have real feelings for this guy? Have you two interacted much before? Attraction at your age is magnified and much more intense, which is both good and bad.

In general, I advise caution. If you two are friends, directly asking him whether he likes guys or whether he'd like to go out with you could make him uncomfortable, and subsequently start to avoid you.

It's possible that he's not sure of his own feelings / sexuality at this point, too. Don't force anything, and don't read into anything too much. Take things as they are at face value.

I don't think anyone would say you're too young to know your sexuality =)

4. June Cleaver

Do like my first BF did to me. He suddenly was my friend in the 6th grade. He hung-out with me for months it seems to me before he got to the point. We ended-up dating from 6th grade till we were 20yo, living as a couple the last 2 years. I do know you can have real love feelings early. So maybe you could try to hang with him and feel him out. If it works, you will know. Then if it does, come out of the closet to him and put the ball in his court. Hope this helps! June