1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I've fallen in love and I can't get up!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sunshine Cries, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Sunshine Cries

:help: :help: :help:

Okay. So.

Recently, I've fallen in love with two girls. Honestly, there are no guys worth falling for within a mile of me, first off, so I feel like I'm steadily becoming lesbian, even though, yes, I am bi.

I'm sorry. I tangent too much.

The first of these two is my best friend (let's call her Regina because I dunno). She's been my best friend since the 7th grade, and I've been falling in and out of love with her since I practically discovered I was bisexual. But she's straight, and so goes the infinite battle. So I'm really never sure if I'm in love with her or not.

Fuck it. Let's leave Regina alone for a little.

The second is another of my close friends (let's call her Mackenzie for the same reason I'm calling my best friend Regina). I've been friends with her since June of last year. She's also bisexual, but swings more towards girls (whereas I'm attracted to both equally). I talk to her on Skype every day, and have been doing so since November or December. She and I always send each other little messages like 'I love you <3' and 'don't leave I'll miss you' and 'but I love you more'. We even have pet names for each other: she calls me Mama Bear and I call her Cub.

This situation would be easier with Mackenzie if the following didn't happen:
    - I met her on FFnet (fanfiction.net)
    - I had money to go visit her
    - My family knew I was bi and was SUPPORTIVE about me falling in love with a girl I met online
    -If she didn't live 7 time zones away in a little, as she calls it, chavtown south of London.

Basically, I've fallen in love with someone whose only body part I'm aware of, really, is her head.

I have NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. I'd love it if she at least likes me back, but I have no idea if Mackenzie would even like me back (I mean, come on, I'm a crazed American girl who is getting over severe depression (I actually got really close to attempting last month). It'd be easier for me to not like me, but no matter how much I tell myself not to fall for her, I fall more for her.
    This is the worst I've ever fallen for someone, and I'm suffering.

Anyone have tips? What do I do? Should I even do anything? Does she like me? Does she not? Would anyone be able to like me?
    Would she ever love me back?

Please help a lovestruck teenage girl. It's good for the soul.

~Sunshine

2. LD579

I wouldn't risk getting into a relationship with Mackenzie. I assume you're still relatively young (late teens, maybe?), and in general, long distance relationships are difficult for people our age, because we don't have much experience. There's also the chance that she'd be weirded out, and wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore (but I kinda doubt that, in this case).

As for Regina, I'd suggest that you try hard to see her as a friend — a very good one, but not in a romantic light.

Again, I don't know how old you are, but it sounds like you're younger than 25 (arbitrary age :lol:slight_smile:. Opportunities are out there, but for LGBT people it can be harder, as not everyone is out in their teens or early 20's. Of course people are out there who can like you back =)

I don't know whether you should tell Mackenzie that you like her. I think that's up for you to decide. Here's a prompt, though: will telling her do anything, in all likelihood, and would any positive things outweigh the possible negative side effects?

It's possible that you're confused with Regina because she's been your best friend for quite a while. If I had a guy friend who was my best friend, I'd likely start to get confused, too. It sounds like you're aware that it'd be very difficult for things to happen with Regina, and it could warp your friendship (hopefully it wouldn't destroy it[I'm guessing she'd need some time, but would still be your friend, ultimately]).

3. Sunshine Cries

Close-ish guess - I'm 14.
    I realize that, but it hurts too much to imagine us just staying friends. And if it was long distance, I'd still give it everything I could give. We're already planning to move in together when we're both out of high school anyways (three years, we're both Freshmen right now).

I have been. It's been hard, but I'm getting over her. It's just been really confusing :slight_smile:

Yes, I am QUITE younger than 25! :grin:
    And it is way harder. And thanks for the reassurance, no one seems to like the scarred and broken ones...

I'm not sure if it will affect our relationship, as friends. That's my biggest issue.

But thank you, Luthan (or whatever your name really is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). It means a lot. :slight_smile:

~Sunshine