1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to some Classmates while having a crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Shyguy5, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Shyguy5

Well, it's been about a month since I came out to my acting class. It happened during lunch when a couple of us (guys and girls) were talking about who were crushing on. It got to me but I didn't want to say because my crush is in our class. So after an hour I wrote his name down and they were like "Oh... Ok." Two girls were like "Aww, that's cute."

I came out to some other students in the class through casual conversation. Now 1/3 of the class knows but only half of them know who I'm crushing on and it's weird. My female friends in and out of the class are telling me to talk/befriend my crush but I don't know if he's gay. I have a "feeling" but that doesn't count; the funny thing is that one of my classmates thinks he could be bi or gay and its frustrating her.

Anyway, I just felt like telling my story in hopes of anyone relating to it. I have class again on Monday and I'm hoping I can talk to my crush with more than 30 sec. conversations.

2. Gen

Gen

I would just go for it at this point. Your orientation is obviously no longer a secret, and even despite the fact that he may not know yet, it could hurt to try to be friendly to him anyway.

You dont have to introduce yourself and immediately ask him out. Just try to get to know him better.

3. Shyguy5

Yeah, it wouldn't hurt. It just that he doesn't really talk (voluntarily) except to a few people so I get a little shy around him :icon_redf

4. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

Well, of course the most natural thing would be to start talking to him and bonding, until you find out if he could be just friend or boyfriend material. Cause by talking to him you don't just find out if he is gay or straight, but also if he is worth your time and attention, cause right now you are crushing over a person you don't know almost at all.

Otherwise, if you have a really hard time interacting with him, I wonder if you could ask one of the girls whom you are really close to to just start talking to him to get more hints. Nothing too obvious though, just try to find out if he is into guys or girls and you take it from there. I noticed from my experience that many girls find boy-boy couples very cute and if they are good friends of yours they consider it their personal challenge to try to figure out who is gay in a group, in order to save you from the embarassment and maybe get you with someone.

5. Shyguy5

@Zmajcek

I know what you mean. It's just that I practically a hopeless romantic and it doesn't that I've never dated before. So, it's hard trying not to crush on a guy I find attractive... I don't know he's kind to me and seems so introverted he's shy. But I've noticed my crush on him isn't as big as it was a few weeks ago.

Besides, I didn't get to talk to him since he didn't come back from his break. Some of my female friends in the class advised me to talk to him. I guess because I'm a little shy and he's introverted; the girls aren't either of these things so he doesn't talk to them unless when partnered up.

6. Uchiha

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is it possible that you can approach him from a friendship angle at this point? I find that it's a lot easier to talk to a new guy when I put the crush aside. Once the conversations start coming easily then I let a bit of the attraction bleed through, but never enough to overwhelm the guy or come off as desperate haha. You might be surprised, he could feel the same way about you!

7. Shyguy5

Yeah, I think it's possible. My crush on him has really died down, even my friends in the class don't make inside jokes about me liking him. I hope he's not to introverted when I talk to him because so far I've chit chatted with him a few times whereas only three other guys talk to him. Maybe he won't seem closed off because of this.

8. Shyguy5

During our class break, I waved at my crush and he smiled back (cute) afterwards I asked him something and didn't hear me. I'm gonna ask him about his monologue but I'm stiill not confident in approaching him when he's alone; He's usually standing alone or sitting alone and I don't want bother him... Any advice?

9. Shyguy5

Update...

Toward the end of the semester, I briefly chatted with him on Facebook. Now that the semester ended, I've kept in contact with him and our conversations have gotten deeper. We talked about college and I told him that my female friend (who's very similar to me) likes; it turns out that he likes her too. I was a bit disappointed but I've been encouraging both of them to contact one another.

In one of our conversations, I told him I was gay and he was very supportive and nice. I told him that my options of dating is very limited and he told me that it makes my first date that much special. I guess we're becoming close as friends.