1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Bar With Friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mrcake

So I was planning on going out with my co workers next week, but there is a weird situation that I have. My co workers do not know that I am bi, and also one of the co workers I work with is gay (he is my boss so it is kind of weird). The friend I am going out with is totally straight and I know he will want to go to bars and such -- he went to a gay bar last time for like 15 mins -- but I want to go for a couple hours. What should I do? Should I ask him or should we just go to the gay bar and see what happens? I just don't know how to act because my co workers don't know about my orientation.. I want to meet new people and possibly get in a relationship. And of course (!)

2. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

Well the one time I went with straight friends to a gay bar, my male friends started feeling uncomfortable after the first half hour (though they tried not to show it) and my female friends, especially the more girly ones, attracted more attention than me... They were literally deified by some of the bar's regulars. Therefore, I am not sure if it will work for you, but if you two are pretty close, he might like to help you do what you like and come with you, but probably he would be uncomfortable seeing you make out with someone...