1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

feeling lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by josh9623, Mar 28, 2013.

1. josh9623

I feel lonely and I want to find someone that I can cuddle up to and feel safe with, but I don't really know how to find someone. as far as school I don't really know of anyone who I would go out with and outside of school I don't get out much. I want to go to an LGBT group or something but the closest one i've found is an hour away and my parents wouldnt pay for my gas to get there so I really don't know how to meet someone does anyone know what i'm talking about or have any advice

2. LD579

Does your school have a GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance)? I'll go out on a limb and suggest that you may want to consider making one, if you think your school will be accepting, and there isn't one already.

If your town / city / school is homophobic, though, that's a different story. In that case, I'd suggest not making a GSA.

I can't say much more really, except that many people have felt, or are feeling, how you feel right now, myself included. The urge to be held and comforted, whether by a boyfriend or girlfriend, or even just a friend, can be quite intense when you're going through a hard time as a teenager.

Hugging a pillow can help, or at least, it has helped me, and still does. If these are dark times for you... Then a little daydreaming wouldn't hurt. Too much, though, would be an unhealthy escape from reality, and you need to be in your reality to fix it.

Is there a bus or skytrain or something that goes to that LGBT place?

3. josh9623

no there isn't any public transit between here and there at least as far as i know, and i don't really see my school as homophobic but I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to start a gsa

4. LD579

If you're not comfortable starting up a GSA, that's fine. I may be biased and partial to that, because I've done it without any overt difficulty. I really don't know how to help you further... Your parents are somewhat justified: 1 hour's of driving away for a meet-up is pretty steep.

5. josh9623

does anyone have anymore ideas? so far the extent of my plans that would involve other LGBT people is that i'm planning to go to pride with my best friend (Lesbian) on the 7th. but maybe i'll get lucky and meet someone there.

6. ems

ems

I feel exactly as u do , lonely and wanting someone to cuddle up too . As far as I know I'm the only gay in the village so how am I supposed to find some with out my parents finding out. I don't know what to suggest as I'm looking for answers my self.

7. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know exactly how you feel. I really wish I had someone to cuddle with under a blanket and wake up next to them in the morning. But I know it's never gonna happen.

8. June Cleaver

Maybe not this week, but you will have a life in a few years. I guess I was lucky having a guy through school, but we did not get to sleep the night and wake up with each other untill after graduaition when we got a place. It was not all what I thought it would be to be honest. I was so not perpaired, and from 18 to 20 were the hardest years for me because I jumped the gun. So keep your head up and know it will come soon enough... June

9. josh9623

does ayone have any other ideas about how I could get out and maybe meet someone, do you think it's being overly optimistic to even consider meeting someone at pridefest?

10. josh9623

BTW I havent asked my parents yet about going to pridefest (mostly cuz i'm afraid they'll say no) so does anyone have advice on whether or not I should just ask them or if I should try to give some sort of lead in or set up. there still has not been a talk so I feel like this could trigger it.

11. Seal

Why are you in such a rush to meet someone? Can't you fix being lonely without a boyfriend? How about hanging out with friends?

(or maybe a good seal hug :3)

12. josh9623

I want someone who can care about me as more than a friend, and i want to find someone that i can love and rely on. i also want someone that i can just cuddle up with (i cant do that with my friends, nor would i) and i just want to be held by someone who loves and understands me. if that makes sense.

13. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should check this out if the link works, there seems to have been a few problems with the links today :slight_smile:

LGBTU activities - Connexions 360 East Sussex

14. MichaelB

Hmm, I think he lives in America no? That link directs to a LGBT support group in East Sussex England. Which ironically is where I live, and I might check this place out, so thank you! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are more than welcome, it was for ems, she is also in East Sussex, it looks a good site (*hug*)

16. MichaelB

Oh, so it was haha. I should probably read the quotes more often :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. josh9623

I just had a few, not really weird, but distinctive dreams, and looking in to the meanings of them they are pretty much saying what i already know as far as feeling overwhelmed vulnerable, but the meanings i found also suggested that my sub consious is trying to tell me that i should be looking for someone. the thing thats weird is that i don't normally dream and when i do i usually forget it as soon as i wake up. so this just was kinda weird what do you think?

18. ems

ems

thanks Dublin boy, I might just do that . And Michaelb I do the same when it'd not my thread :slight_smile: