1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I tell if someone is gay or not?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Mar 29, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This is a quite simple thread where I just want to know some accurate ways of finding out a boy's sexual orientation. The reason why I am trying to find out his orientation is because I quite like him, and before I go any further I would like to know whether he is gay or at least bisexual. And please not that I am not his friend and never talk to him, I don't see him that much either. So please try to give me some signs that do not involve talking or asking him directly. Finally, I would prefer it if these signs were not stereotypical, but without talking to him I know that is difficult. Thank you x :thumbsup:

(edit: added)

Sorry I had to post again everyone, I need to add some think to my previous post. I just to let you all know that there are some signs that the boy I like isn't gay: deeper voice than others his age; and he play football.

I know these are stereotypical, but just to let you know to make sure that you don't put these as answer for not being gay.

It would be best If you post your responses on my other thread which is the same name as the other thread just without the brackets.

Thank you x

2. LD579

You're right in that stereotypes are not a good indicator of sexuality. If you don't want to talk to him, there's very little you can do, really. The best way to know is to ask.

Otherwise, if you're alright / comfortable with the idea of poking around, you could try to see if he's ever been in a relationship or something similar with a guy, by discreetly asking around. Some people don't find that quite ethical, but it depends on the person. Perhaps your friends know more, or know people who know more?

Short of that, one thing you could do, which may be more reliable, is to look at him and see what he looks at. Does he seem to check out other guys? Does his gaze wander? Things like that can help.

3. stumble along

Where does he look

What does he sound like (stereotypical but some people can't help it and its pretty accurate)

Does he talk to girls.or boys more and if its girls is it always seem like he's talking to one of them all the time (could be he likes her or she could be his fag hag)

Mannerisms?

Idk I can't think of anything else, I usually have really good gaydar but I need to see the guy and observe first, and that may include talking, but sometimes its obvious

4. Well, the most accurate way to know if someone is gay is to get to know him. Be friends, talk. But in this case, that would be a last resort.
    This is stereotypical, but higher pitched guy voices are mostly accurate (most of the gay guys in my school have high voices).