1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convince someone you're not gay?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrokenWings, Mar 30, 2013.

1. BrokenWings

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    NO QUESTIONS DAMMIT NO QUESTIONS! Is there any possible way to throughly convince a huge homophobe that you're not gay. I mean, words are rather empty in most of these situations, but how about actions? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I'm afraid someone's mental/physical health depends on it. So, is there any way to convince the homophobe you're even a BIGGER homophobe than them?

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 12:29 PM ----------

P.S: This is if someone was gay himself, but has his mental/physical health at stake because of it.

2. Exoskeleton

I fully understand that sometimes, especially with the more vicious breed of homophobes, you have to say what you have to say to keep your skin.

That said, I don't have some sort of special magical sentence that will immediately sate the blood thirsty wolves. My suggestion is to express disgust at the idea of ever being gay, toss in a few slurs, and, after that, deflect the question ("Are you looking for a boyfriend or something?"). Don't deflect BEFORE you thoroughly establish your disgust, though. If you do, it will seem like you're avoiding an answer.

The trick is to look like you're sure of yourself. If you seem like the question worries you, or that you're embarrassed to talk about it, you invite more suspicion. In my experience, you can never be too disgusted, but you can be over the top. Try to keep your denial short. If you rant for five minutes about the scourge that is the homosexual population, it might seem a little too much like a cover. If whoever you're trying to convince wants to carry on a conversation about how terrible it is to be gay, then participate, but don't get on a soapbox.

I hope whoever it is that you think is in danger makes it out alright. :slight_smile: