1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling in Love with Someone..I think

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mrcake, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Mrcake

Recently I have joined this forum and I absolutely love it, in fact, I am addicted to it! I have been reading other people's postings and giving advice; it is very therapeutic. I have been feeling some different emotions lately regarding love and relationships. I have met this person who lives very far away from me, but we have so much in common and I cannot stop thinking about him :icon_bigg . I keep thinking before I go to bed, will I talk to this person again today? Will I get to ask him questions about his lifestyle and such. However, I have not been in any relationship, albeit a gay relationship; but I find myself absolutely falling for this person. What should I do? Should I keep talking and try and get to know him better on a personal level, and then try and meet him in the future :icon_bigg.. or am I just being stupid and making this friendship seem more than it really is?

2. Mrcake

3. June Cleaver

Have you asked him how he feels about you? If he says yes than I would continue and meet someday. If not than keep him as a friend. June

4. FruitFly

Personally there's always a point on continuing to talk to someone, getting to know them and seeing where that leads. But this will depend on whether you look at the distance between you and think there could ever be any realistic chance of you two becoming more than online friends, and that is something that is either decided by how you two progress in terms of getting to know each other or by looking at the distance involved and having one/both of you not being happy with the travelling.

Relax, talk to them, see how things progress and seriously look at the distance involved and whether that is something that bothers you (when the time comes). What I would say is proceed with caution. You have not met them in real life, and while it is tempting to get swept up in the feelings that follow on from talking to someone who excites you these can lead you to going from 0 to 60 at warp speed.

If they make you smile at present, then keep talking to them, see if the smiley happy feeling continues, see how it develops, and go from there.

5. Mrcake

Thank you on your advice, June. He loves my personality, I know it... And I am crazy about his personality to say the least. We have talked for more than a week and have already spilt details about our lives to each other, while staying private. Idk what to say.. I have NEVER felt this connection to someone - no one has ever cared this much about me. The distance may be far, but I priced a flight out out of curiosity, and it was only $500 round trip.. So there could be something in the future.. Far future. When is it too soon to share pictures and or personal info with a person?