1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How could this ever work?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ruby, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so the way I'm figuring out my gender and sexual orientation it's like two different people or something. When I feel male, I'm probably bisexual and when I'm female I'm homoromantic/demisexual or asexual. When I think about it I just don't understand how I could ever have a real relationship with my preferences changing like this all the time. I want a relationship badly and I don't need one right now but I get horribly worried I'm going to die alone and I should probably talk to someone about it but gah....I'm worried about being called crazy or something. Anyway back to the real point I just don't understand how I could ever be in a relationship with someone. Or how someone could put up with me. I've felt so sad lately, ever since I've accepted that I'm probably gender-fluid. This is just my latest worry. I don't know how to reconcile the two very different parts of me. I'm just going to sit here and cry I think...:tears:

2. dreamcatcher

Hey, it's gonna be alright(*hug*) Don't worry too much about labeling your sexual orientation for now. I think what's important is that you start feeling more comfortable with your gender. Are there any trans support groups in your area or people you can talk to about it? I think you should focus on feeling more comfortable in your skin a bit first before worrying about the relationships part. And trust me when I say just because your gender is fluid, that does not mean you will die alone. There is someone out there that will love you just the way you are. Fluid gender and all. And have you ever heard of pansexuals? There's your target dating market right there! I can guarantee there are people on here that are gender fluid and have been in relationships or people on here that are happy to be in a relationship with someone who is genderfluid. I know it probably doesn't seem that way because you're going through a rough time but it is true.

You are wonderful just as you are. Now let yourself believe it(*hug*)

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off... (*hug*)

You SHOULD talk to someone... as many as will lend an ear. You have alot going on right now. You may learn more about your gender and orientation as you go along but assuming it stays like this, what are your biggest concerns? Who do you see yourself with most of the time?

I hope asking these questions will allow you to vent further. Sometimes typing things out can do wonders. :kiss:es dear.

4. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the (*hug*) all were greatly appreciated. I could probably talk to the GSA on campus but my boss and school advisor is the club advisor so I don't know if I'm comfortable going there just yet.

One of my biggest concerns are repressing this part of me again. I don't like it and it makes me unhappy when I do. Another is like I said never finding someone how can put up with this weird part of me that can't decide whether or not I want to be male or female.

I don't know who I could see myself with long term...I don't it matters to be really I just want someone in the end ya know?

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Repressing the truth about yourself is the worst thing you can do. You just want someone who loves and appreciates you and your wonderful soul. God loves you, and those who matter do as well. That is why I have my Out Status as what it is. (*hug*)

~<3