1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Find out if someone is straight or gay without being too blatant?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dasazn, Mar 31, 2013.

1. dasazn

I have a terrible track record with dating - every guy I've fallen for has been straight, and half of the girls I've fallen for have been gay or almost gay (i.e. bi with a very strong inclination towards girls). Are there things that tend to signal one's orientation, so it might be easier to find guys or girls? I don't mean stereotypes - I mean the smaller, typically subconscious, things that are harder to hide.

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

The way the person looks at you and acts around you. You pick up on these quite quickly

3. Jeff

There are signs, and many of the signs are pretty dead on once you know them. But for me it took years to get it right, my gaydar is now about 90% correct. I was well over 35 when I got better at reading people.

But there is a bigger question, once you know someone is gay, then you must find out if they are interested in you. And I have had guys give me plenty of clues that they are interested, only for me to find out later that they were only kidding, or playing for their own amusement or whatever. Or they were interested in me, but for once or twice only.

Yeah, that can be a drag as well.