1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh my sweet jesus

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BornInTexas, Mar 31, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

There's going to be fire on earth. >=L I'm angry.

My gay friend, who knows I am also gay, set me up with someone after I specifically TOLD him that I WASN'T INTERESTED IN DATING ANYONE. Now, the boy has my number and is texting me. I haven't responded, and I'm super pissed at my 'friend.' Why the hell would he do that? I emphasized that I didn't want to date anyone at the moment. I don't even know what to say to this poor boy who thinks I am interested in dating anyone. =l

What do I do?

2. Oh, That was Low. So Sorry :frowning2:
    Maybe just explain your situation to the guy, I'm sure he'll find it funny and the problem will sort itself out. You may even get a friend out of this whole mess :slight_smile:
    As for the Friend, make sure he knows your upset and see if he apologizes for doing the exact opposite of your clearly visible wishes. If he does, I'd forgive him, if he gets angry... I'd say your better off without him.

3. photoguy93

That happened to me at one point. The guy was VERY clingy, so I just kind of said "no" and ignored it. It sounds bad, but if you truly aren't interested, say no and move on. They have issues if they are texting you that much.

However, could you explain it and be friends with this guy???

4. BornInTexas

I have no idea who this boy texting me is.

My friend isn't texting back, and I haven't texted the boy yet. I don't even want a relationship. AT ALL! I'm super pissed at my friend for violating not one, but TWO of my conditions, which are very simple. 1. Don't tell anyone I'm gay. 2. I don't want a relationship.

Jesus christ, I could throw something.

I don't even know who the boy texting me is.

5. I would explain the situation to the boy who's texting you.

6. BornInTexas

I'm about to do that.

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This should be a non-issue. You can say something like "Hey, I understand tnat ________ suggested that you text me. But just to clear up any confusion, I'm not looking for a relationship, so that, along with anything like that, is off the table."

If you would be interested in having him as a friend, you could add "but I'd be OK with talking over Facebook and perhaps becoming friends" Or you could say "And I'm super busy right now so I don't think I'm going to have much time to interact."

That should get the message across. If it doesn't, then the guy is uber-clingy and you might need to be more abrupt about it.

8. photoguy93

The best advice I've recently gotten about this subject is one of my favorites - "you don't owe anyone anything."

I met up with a guy at Starbucks. If he's gay/bi, he'd be a great catch. However,there's a guy that works there who has hit on me before (but he's not at all my type.) I felt like I'd be parading around, but hey - I'm living my life. I'm not being some rude ass - just be honest!

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

What Chip said. If his advice doesn't work then you'll have to ditch the phone, grow a mustache, move to LA and assume a new identity.

On a more serious note, you could just not answer and tell your friend to fix the situation. Or just try to let him down easy. You should have a serious talk with you're friend to make sure he doesn't try something like that again.

10. HasteTBomb

HasteTBomb Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You're 'friend' made an error that thought may benefit you in the long run. My advice is to take 15 minutes just to empty your head of all the things that are getting on your nerves and settle this ordeal. I know your pissed and I understand, but is throwing a brick or a glass really going to solve anything in the grand scheme of things is it.

As for this unknown boy you have no connection to, meet up with him and say you're not interested. If your hardly know each other, then emotions are not going to get toyed with.

(*hug*)

11. MichaelB

This, really.

We live in a culture that implores us to be selfless. That's good to a certain extent, but these influences spew over to situations where they aren't appropriate for some reason haha.

You don't owe him anything, and in this context you have to always consider what you want first. Say your friend was mistaken and you aren't interested in dating anyone at the moment, but do it gently. :grin:

12. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree with Chip, this really isn't an issue. Your friend was just being a typical teenage friend - trying to hook someone up to make them happy. I mean why be mad, all he/she did was try to get you into a relationship. All you have to do is tell the guy texting you that you know what your friend said, but you're just really not interested in a relationship. And you should really do it early because if you do it later he'll feel led on, and that would lead into other things :/

13. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Exactly I'd go with this....Pretty low,sorry this happened...Maybe your friend thought you needed a push?(*hug*)