1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I have these two lady friends...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sunset Alpaca, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Sunset Alpaca

Hey there! I’ve been stalking the outskirts of EC since February and have only put input in on a couple small things. God forbid I give someone else bad advice. >_<; Anyway, this will actually be my first time making my own thread so here goes. :icon_wink

Backstory (Sorry for the length.) :

So. There are these two girls but I’ll start with the younger one.
    She’s really smart and super cute; younger than me by a year. Anyway, we met when she was in 8th grade (me being a freshman) at bandcamp. We ended up going to the same highschool and, both being engrossed in the world of music, eat with the same lunch group most days. Our group is really diverse and has people from every year. Of course, having people of different backrounds and ages in one place breeds trouble sometimes but usually we get along pretty well. And on that rare day when people are being particularly nasty I’ll go eat with my other group of friends.

My other group of friends is a group of all girls who’re all my age. They’re nice but in all honesty, since our interests have grown apart since freshman year, I can only handle them in small amounts. This is, however, where the other girl I’m involved with is. I’ll come back to this later.

But back to my band friends…

I’m not open about my sexuality in school. Again, since there are so many different people in my group of friends I have some super religious friends who aren't exactly down with the whole RAINBOW OF LOVE~ that the rest of us are rockin’. (&&&) But hey, each to their own. If they don’t want to know about it I’m okay with never telling them. Most of my friends are going out of state for college and since I’m not I've come to terms with the fact that although some of us will always be friends over FB and such, it’ll never be what it is now.

Well girl number one hangs out with this group. We've gotten close over the last two/three years. And, unfortunately, I've developed a bit of a crush on her. I don’t remember exactly when this started but we joke that we’re married all the time. We’re constantly all over each other but no one really seems to think too much of it since it’s just a “joke”. But sometimes, (now excuse me for sounding like some typical teenager broken up about a once-sided affection for just a second here) I get the feeling that she doesn't always see it as a joke. Like at the very beginning of this school year I dated one of the people in our group for a while and she had, along with several others, been encouraging me to date this boy, and once I stared dating him she started to ignore me and distance herself from me. I ended up dumping him a few weeks later and as soon as she heard the news she was all over me again like nothing had ever happened. It’s starting to get a bit frustrating since I don’t know where she stands on all of this. Honestly we get along really well so it would be awesome if the relationship we pretend to have could be real. I’d like to confess to her that I’m more inclined to like girls, though more asexual in terms of physical romance, but I don’t want to lose her (or any of my other friends for that matter!). I don’t really know what to do. Should I confess to her now and beg her to keep it a secret just to get these feelings out? Or should I wait until I graduate when I never have to see any of these people again? :confused:

Onto the other girl. So she’s my age and we've gotten along fairly well since freshman year. She hangs out with my other group of friends. She’s the only girl that I’m out to. We had this magical zen moment where we both found out that the other was asexual and more inclined to females in terms of relationships. My problem? She is fricken’ OBSESSED with a certain webcomic *cough cough* not-giving-any-names. :bang: And while this was an interest we shared freshman/sophomore year I've grown a bit tired of it. While she fits my ideal girl in terms of looks and beliefs I don’t think that a relationship with her would go anywhere because I don’t want to talk about that webcomic EVERY DAMN time I see her. :tantrum: Of course, I've tried to tell her that although I’m okay with it every once in a while it isn't what I want to hear about all the time… long story short, it’s been to no avail. So what am I to do with this relationship? Should I give dating her a try since we’re so alike in … that regard? Or I dunno, just keep her as a support pillar buddy?

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I know that these are really two separate issues but hey, here’s so conserving space. :grin: Sorry if it was a bit confusing. But yush. Thankies<3
    ~A