1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convince your parents?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpiderArms, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SpiderArms

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to my mom and dad a few years ago, but they don't believe that I'm Bi. At first I really wanted to convince them somehow, but after awhile I just gave up. However it still sort of stings knowing that they don't really understand/accept me for who I am. Any advice for rectifying this weird situation?

2. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's not really a way other then to NOT PUSH THEM. It's a new thing for the both of you - I'm going to just assume that everything has been fine between all of you. Coming out is something that, in a way, has to work both ways. If you push this, it will make the situation turn very sour because your parents are just simply in-denial and not ready for it. I'm sure that they've had private talks together about it - and they may even think that it's just a phase that will change whenever you get older. Just let things be as they are. Don't be afraid to introduce them to who you're dating by any means, but don't force them into any kind of awkward situation that they just aren't ready for.