1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waiting for him.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CinePhys, Apr 1, 2013.

1. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TL: DR at the bottom.

Backstory: On Wednesday, 'T' messages me on facebook and the following conversation ensues:
    ***Previous unrelated conversation*** (imagine smiley and winky faces dotted around the conversation;
    Me: Oh! Well in that case xx

Him: Haha xxxx mate Friday! We are doing summat!!

Fuck yes xx! I'm up for anything

Haha ok mate xxxx lets get Ben out! Haha

Good luck with that haha xx (Link to an album on facebook I uploaded for him)

Haha yeah that's what I thought xx
    Says its unavailable
    Is it on your profile? Xx

Yeah, in an album

Ill have a look xxxxx
    Ha hahahaha cheers mate xxx fucking hilarious xxxxx

Anything for you xxxx Let me know what you want to do when xxx

I will mate xx

I've asked B, but fuck knows what's going on! Haha

He doesn't seem to, "B, what are you doing on the weekend?!" ....."I'm...not sure?"
    Good job, B, Good job.

Haha nice one!!
    B.........
    Is.........
    Free...........
    Friday............

Yep

Saweet!!!!

As I said, up for anything xx

Nice! Xxx ill get B to do summat xxxx

Lol That would be good A pretty face is always welcome so 2 would be great xx

Haha you cheeky shit! xx

Hehe I try xx Charm offensive

Yup cxx
    It's working xxx I'm blushing xxx

Haha, don't know how B would look... Oh wait yeah I do xxx I'll just have to get used to being jealous of M(T's girlfriend) and N (The girl B has a thing for) xx

Haha fair enough mate. X

Hehe xxx see you Friday sometime xxxxxx

Yeah mate see you soon xxxx

-----------------------------------------------

So yeah, pretty freaking excited through Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday, I message him to get some details (seeing as it would help and everything....):

What's on the agenda for tomorrow? You coming over mine, I'm coming over yours? Staying for tea? what times? That sort of thing xx
    Mum would like to know x

Fair enough mate, ermm I'm going to get Ben then well come see you, but I have to go to Exeter to get my brother, for 4 o'clock soooooo no tea or nuffin

Ok xxx See you whenever you turn up xx

K bro

Also: If you want to bring anything, I will pay you back like Ben and Jerry's, maybe xxx

Ok mate

(notice the lack of kisses this time :dry: )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So Friday rolls around. Nothing. No one turns up. No text, nothing.

Later that night (yeah, nothing for the whole day in terms of an explanation) I message HIM:
    Which Friday did you mean then?

Haha sorry mate, I had to go get my brother from Exeter and cook tea xxxx (Haha? It's really rude to just keep someone hanging like that :dry: )

So what WAS the plan, I thought you were coming during the day?

I was but I had to go get my brother earlier than expected, should've let you know sorry xx

(I was tempted to put "Yeah, you should have" but I was raised to be more tactful than that) I guess another time then
    You can choose, by the way.

----------------------------------------------------

Now, Me and 'T' are best mates as I've said in other posts on here, we tell each other things (I tell him things...) and we do stuff together and it's hunky dory. I'm still slightly angry or annoyed at him, but at the same time, I want to spend time with him. I feel' as if he 'owes' me the friday.

Whenever we arrange to do something, it's him arranging it as he works when his employers need him to work, and I have fixed hours, so to speak (non during the holidays as I work for the college we attend) so it's easier if he suggests a time because he knows when he's free. So i'm essentially waiting for him to message me everyday. I know he has other commitments but...yeah, I want to spend time with him and he said we would...

I half expect him to come down my drive-way in his car, unannounced, but I know that's just wishful thinking. EUGH. How am I supposed to feel right now? I want to text him to see what's going on, and what time we CAN hang out without something getting in the way, but I don't want to be pushy... :icon_sad::bang:

TL: DR
    Friend doesn't come round when arranged - Doesn't let me know and I ask him. Says sorry, doesn't re-arrange a time to hang out. Feeling hurt/annoyed/slightly angry. Don't know if I should text due to being 'pushy' or not - He knows I want to hang out with him, should I just wait? :confused::confused::confused:

Maybe I'm reading to much into it..? :eusa_doh:

2. asmith6543

I'm from the USA and without your commentary regarding your conversation I would have never understood what the conversation between your friend and you was about.

Back to the topic, I'm guessing he's just truly busy. If you see this type of behavior going forward, you will have your answer.