1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was just wondering...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CandyZombies, Apr 2, 2013.

1. CandyZombies

Okay, so I have this friend that I like, well she's my best friend. I'm not sure if I'm going to tell her yet but I am considering it. She lives in Cali while I'm in Nevada, we rarely see each other ever. When we do its so special and I'm happy and really don't want to ruin the time together. So I /always/ chicken out on telling her. I was wondering, would it be like.. bleh, to tell her I like her over text? I think it means more to do it in person (though I have never done such a thing before) rather than through something that isn't face to face and I can't see her reaction. Though I think it would be easier this way? Even though I would still be scared through text, I think it would be a bit easier. I just don't wanna screw things up between us. So, text? Yes, no? I don't know?

Maybe I should just leave things the way they are? After all, I get to see her and talk to her. Still makes me happy since I'm in no way relationship hungry.

2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

You must be going through a tough decision. Saying that you are best friends; you rarely see each other; and you are not desperate for a relationship, I think that it would be best if you at least thought about it.

In my opinion, friends are more important than lovers. This may be argued, but it is what I believe. If you do tell her how you feel than it may affect your friendship, but it might mean that you will have a romantic relationship with her.

If you were to tell her though, I would tell her through text, because you only see each other very rarely, you wouldn't want to spoil the time you have to see her.

If you truly think that you have feelings more than friendship with her, then I think it would be best to tell her, text or face to face.

Sometimes, even if you doubt that the other person has feelings for you, it is best to simply tell them how you feel towards them. It is imperative that you do not directly ask them out though, it you just tell them how you feel, they will understand and it will be much less stressful on you.

It is your decision though...

Good luck! X :slight_smile:

3. CandyZombies

Well first off, allow me to apologize for such a late reply. I must learn to become more active here, seriously. Thank you though, so much for your opinion and the luck. Its hard to believe it came from a 13 year old! I also agree with you, friends are much more important than lovers. When lovers aren't there its the friends who stay by your side. I think I'll wait for the moment to be right, see where a text conversation is head, and if it feels right, I will tell her. I just don't want to lose her. Again though, thank you very much! ; u ;