1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Obsessed?!!...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 2, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

My previous threads have all been about this one boy. I'm not going to go over it all again because I simply can't be bothered. I think that I may be obsessed with him, but I don't know. I might be obsessed, but I think I'm just concerned and want to find out what to do next.

Please read some of my other recent threads, do you think I'm obsessed???

What should I do!?

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Frankly? Yes, you are obsessed. A kid that doesn't really know you and you talk about love and what have you and you open a thread about him twice a day, if not more often.

Please see him for what he is. JUST A KID that you happen to find attractive.

What you should do is just talk to him as one kid to another, about school/teachers or the weather or whatever, nothing to do feelings.
    Start talking to him already and not to us!!!!
    Maybe he is a totall jerk. Reality can be very different from daydreams where you fill in his feelings and his actions...

Another advice I want to give is that maybe at school there is a mentor you can talk to about this. It is clear that you need to talk, and that's okay, but it is more productive if it is in a real conversation with someone, since he can ask things that come up and see your reactions and such.

Honestly, since I have a very bad experience with my boyfriends stalker, I don't really like the way you sound, but at least you are not harrassing him (yet).

3. lolgaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One simple word: YES. (o)_(o)

4. Otsuke

I went through something like this... seriously, it was hell.
    But you know what ? You get over it as soon as you accept that you are just over reacting and daydreaming. Reality is different. You imagine things about this guy, but it might be soooo different once in a relationship. A good advice would be to talk about this with good friends. Not too often though because it might get on their nerves. As Boyfriend says, this guy is just someone you find attractive... Try to talk to him one day, you'll see, maybe it'll change something in you. I've been through hell with something like this, to be honnest. But it was ALL in my head and funded on nothing more than futile attraction. Careful.

5. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks to all of you. Don't worry, I don't stalk him or anything, and I certainly don't harass him. I think that I should just try to pre-occupy my mind, and maybe talk to him and become friends. At least then I would be able to talk to him.

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

No matter how much I try to get over him though, I will always like him, I don't know whether this is because I find him attractive though. He is certainly not the most attractive in the school, but he is still the only one I like.

Anyway, I will try my best to be over it, but I don't think that I should call it all off, since I joined this site, I haven't done anything that would lower my chances with him. So I still have as much of a chance of being at least his friends as before I joined.

7. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don't need to try to get over him, one can't really help crushes and such (I mean we all dream about great sex with an idol, I think) but just get realistic about it.
    Accept you don't get anywhere in real life if you don't interact with him. And that there is a chance he doesn't like you at all.
    Not getting in touch with him is also okay, just daydreaming can be nice, but in that case, know it is just daydreaming and accept it isn't getting you anywhere.

It's all about seeing where you stand in the situation and which options you have.

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

"Boyfriend", do you think that I should start talking to him, just casually and as an acquaintance?

9. Femmeme

Not Boyfriend, but YES talk to him. Get to know him as a person and a friend. A warning though, you'll have to ditch all your ideas and dreams about who you think/hope he is in order to find out who he actually is.

10. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I told you already what I think you should do:

So I agree with Femmeme