1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted Friend who is scared of himself...I think

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbow Music, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Rainbow Music

I am one of those types of people who doesn't judge people. I make observations about people but don't judge. I have this friend who I think is gay because of observations that I have made about him, but I'm not sure. Everybody makes fun of him, and I feel really bad because instead of sticking up for him, I play along because I am too chicken.

Anyways, I have made some observations about him that would stereotypically make him gay. Yes I know, that stereotypes mean absolutely nothing, however I have made some observations that are not exactly stereotypical.

I think that he is scared too admit to himself that he is gay because he is a Jehovah's Witness. I have decided to take him under my wing, hoping that maybe I could get him to be more comfortable with himself. I know I can't force him to come out if he is gay or anything, but I thought that maybe since he trusts me, I could maybe help him to not be so paranoid. Any advice on what I should do? I'm not sure whether what I want to do is right or not. I know that when I first found out that I was gay, I was scared shitless, because of my religion.

Also ever since I broke up with my boyfriend he has been hanging out with me a lot more.

2. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    You definitely should help him. The crappy thing about religion is they don't understand the topic whatsoever. The best thing u can do for your friend is instill the fact he can come to u and talk to u about anything and that it will be a judgement free zone. Also, show him how being gay really doesn't change who the person actually is. Just lead by example.

3. Rainbow Music

I have told him that he can tell me anything and everything without judgement, but thanks for the advice all the more anyway Dakine. Yeah, and I'll also lead by example. I'm trying to work with him. I'm trying to help him.

4. Dakine

Out Status:
    A few people
    That's all u really can do. The saying "u can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink" really applies in situations like this. It's extremely frustrating to deal with, but all u can do is give your best.