1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice... In love with a straight guy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PrinceOfAvalon, Apr 4, 2013.

1. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I know its normal. Ive been in love with plenty straight guys...

Even having been out since i was 14, I have never admitted being attracted to, having a crush, or being in love with any of these guys though!!

This time its my best friend, who is madly in love with my female best friend who treats him like shit..but thats besides the point. I know that telling him would result in him hugging me and telling me "im still straight. but im glad you told me" or that he might have known the entire time...

I also know there is something to be said about "the worst he could say is no".

What im asking is - are there ever actually positive things about admitting to a 100% straight guy that you like them other than closure? Im just afraid things will be super awkward afterwards, and I definitely don't want that..

Is it worth the risk?
    Thanks in advance guys :slight_smile:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say closure is a pretty big positive reason to tell someone, especially if you can be sure they're going to react well (it would be different if you thought they would take the news badly, of course).

Plus, beyond getting closure in one particular instance, it's worth it to get used to feeling like you are willing - and able - to tell people how you feel about them. There may be mostly straight guys around, but when you do meet someone who's gay, and who likes you too, it will certainly help if one of you is able to make the leap and admit your feelings.

3. Tokgay

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi!

I have a straight friend whom I was in love with for close to five years. I never told him, because I was sure it would ruin our friendship. In the end I decided that was worth more to me than the possibility that he would return my love.
    I'm still friends with him, and have moved on somehow!

So for me, the friendship was too important to risk. :slight_smile:

4. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I ended up telling him!!! it went great and he was super understanding. In no way did he belittle our relationship, and things aren't really awkward at all. Thank you for your reply Gravity. (Nice name btw)

Is there a way I can close this thread?