1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought for sure that I was gay, but have feelings for straight female best friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbow Music, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Rainbow Music

I'm not even sure whether or not this is the correct forum to post this thread in, but here goes. Back in 9th grade I came out to my mother that I was gay. I've always had these feelings towards men. Ever since then, I've concluded the fact that I am gay, and now four years later, I'm starting to have feelings for my best straight female friend Kendra. She knows that I'm gay, and I've told her that I am having feelings for her, and she told me that she likes me. She is currently in a relationship, but the person that she is with, she is not happy with. I don't know what to do. I'm so confused. I really need some advice. What should I do? Am I gay? Bi? Straight? I need answers.

2. Yui

Yui

Re: Thought for sure that I was gay, but have feelings for straight female best frien

Does "I'm starting to have feelings for her" = "I'm attracted to her"?

Are you sexually attracted to her? Do you wanna hug her/kiss her/etc.?

You could be bi - since you've always had feelings towards men, I think it's safe to say you're not straight. Even if you are attracted to a girl now doesn't mean you'll suddenly lose all interest in guys, that won't go away, don't worry. It's more like an addition to what you're attracted to that you've just discovered. Happens to quite a few people, so you're definitely not alone :slight_smile:

Talk everything through with her. But if you want to be with her she should get out of her current relationship first, of course.

(*hug*)