1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping shy Closet Friend find other friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Masterpeace, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Masterpeace

Long story short. My best friend came out to me in a shaky manner. He made up a story about being engaged to a much older man his age. He didn't say he was 'gay' but the fact that he's going to marry someone at such a young age terrified me. Knowing him since high school, he was definitely lying about it and was just coming out to me :eusa_doh:

On our third conversation since he came out, he began bringing up topics about gay people and as well as performing sexual acts with his 'imaginary' fiance . I got even more angry with him when he told me that I will be single for the rest of my life because I don't find what he talks about interesting :***:

...Now for the actual problem, he doesn't have any other friends but me. I ask him if he wants to hang out in the city, mall or go clubbing but he refuses. I feel that he's either very insecure or depressed. I want him to know that I still want to be his best friend but I can't always be there for him that's why I really want him to find other friends who he can relate to and talk about his own interests. I don't want him to be lonely :help:

He's into very feminine things. Home decorating, facial products, jewelry, drama and Cher.