1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reoccuring thoughts, ugh.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by piratealisonnn, Apr 7, 2013.

1. piratealisonnn

Soooo, I went out on a date with this girl the other night. Things went really well. I like her quite a bit.

Problem is....
    I still have this fear in the back of my mind that I'm gonna be wrong. I'm afraid of liking her a whole lot then realizing I'm straight and hurting her.

I know, sounds totally irrational, but it's somehow stuck in my mind :\

Can anyone relate? Or just knock some sense into me?

2. RainbowMan

If the date went well, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Why are you worried that you're straight? You went on a date with a girl, that almost by definition means that you're not straight.

So consider the sense knocked in, and go get her! :grin:

3. Colours

That's funny because for me it was completely the other way around. I was afraid of dating girls because what if I would turn out not to like it and end up hurting them and/or myself. For me that was more of a sign that I wasn't straight...

That could be just me though...

4. piratealisonnn

Thanks guys! I guess I am being very irrational. I just have soo much anxiety over this because I am still in the closet to my family, and I live with them. So, lying and sneaking around isn't fun. And my mom's very controlling so she has to know everything all the time :\