1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

back and forth

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TeePee, Apr 7, 2013.

1. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A year and a half ago, one of my wildest dreams came true. A guy i had a serious crush on, who i thought was straight, not only turned out to be into guys, he had a crush on me as well. I was so over the moon when we started ''dating''. You see, this all started over the phone. He'd been my classmate for 3 years in high school. I was soo crazy( and still am) about that when he broke up with me, a few months later, i was crushed. I blocked him on facebook, deleted his phone numbers but still couldn't stop thinking about him. He's one of 2 people i have really loved. We are now talking to each other again( we have more than 20 mutual friends) and he sometimes uses the pet names he used when we were together. I love him but i know i probably won't get to be with him. It pains me to know that i will feel this way but never get to tell him. Now i get why people say love hurts. Thanks for reading, i just wanted to tell someone.

2. Wolfie Charm

(*hug*) Good for you deleting his info right away. Now that you guys are talking again, do you want to get back with him? If not tell him to stop with the pet names, or he could get the impression you want to get back together.

3. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One way or another, you really should address the issue with him.
    I mean, without knowing why you two broke up to start with, there's only so much advice to give.
    If you still want to give it a shot, let him know. If you don't, and this teasing with the pet names bothers you, let him know.
    Just have to speak your mind, my friend.

4. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The part that bothers me is that i'm still in love with him and i kinda like it when he uses the pet names. He now lives and works in a neighbouring country. If it were up to me i would get back with him, in a heartbeat! The main thing that broke us up was the distance plus he's got a girlfriend now. Damn, it hurts so bad!

5. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, really, if he's out of country, albeit neighboring, and he has a girlfriend, then he has got to stop using pet names with you.
    I know you like it, of course you do. Not only does it remind you of the time you had together, you're still enamored by him. At this point in time, with the aforementioned factors, it is not doing you any good, man. It's not.
    I'm not telling you to cut ties, but those old ropes that still bind you need to be snipped.
    Dwelling on the matter will only serve to wear on the heart.

6. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This here is some really good advise

7. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Good advice indeed, thanks a million! I know it's going to be hard letting go, i've tried it but i'll try harder because right now, it's like he's taking over and that scares me. I know i'm good @ keeping myself busy/occupied, so i hope tha'd help me let go of him