1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend did something today...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by doors, Apr 8, 2013.

1. doors

Hey,

I came out a few days ago to many of my friends. Today,one of my friends took a paper, rolled it up, making it into a cylinder and he went in front of me (I was sitting), and he started making it bigger and bigger, like laughing a bit. He put the paper in his crotch area making it look like he was holding his dick. I'm not sure why he did that, but I don't think he's making fun of me. What do you think? I felt like he was teasing me a bit, but not in a mean way. I'm confused...

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt he was making fun of you, but he probably was making a reference to your having come out to him.

Keep in mind that the way a lot of people handle something that's awkward is to joke about it, and the fact that he's joking about it I would take as a good sign. It's definitely hard to be comfortable with people making fun of your sexual orientation when you're still becoming comfortable with it yourself... but when you think about it, the fact your friend is making fun also means that he's ok with it. :slight_smile:

3. LD579

I think he was just making a literal dick joke. I don't think he means anything, really, by it. I'm guessing he was pretending to get an erection, I dunno, but if you guys are young (like younger than 25 or so), and I'm guessing you are, it likely was just a joke.

Of course, he may have meant something by it, but unless this persists for a while, or he modifies his behaviour around you noticeably, I would suggest that you just leave this as it is, maybe even laugh at it. Take things at face value unless you get hints that there're things beneath the surface, so to speak.

4. JPC

JPC Guest

If you were offended/upset by it, maybe you should say something. But to me it just seems like banter.