1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just run away?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Theagonist, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    On Saturday my phone wasn't working, and my mom told me to give me to give it to her, so I did, and somehow it suddenly worked again Sunday morning, so then she was able to read my texts. Well on Saturday, I was texting my friend (whom I've actually never met) about my various problems in life, and I also told him how I really want to give a blow job (he's bi, nut I wouldn't do anything unless I was in a relationship... most likely), well my mom read that. And now she knows I'm gay. So I woke up on Sunday to her screaming at me about it, and she was just being a total fucking bitch about it, she said that I'm disgusting, I'm a freak, and at a drive-through somewhere and she told me "Get out, we don't want you anymore"... which is the worst thing anyone has ever said to me. But then my four year old sister said "But I want you". She also read that: I have depression issues, I have an eating disorder, I'm dysmporphic, I hate myself, and she just mocked me about it, she said that I want to be like a little girl, Which I have no idea where that came from, and that I need therapy, which I do, but she like mocked me the way she said it. And she won't do anything about it. Oh and she threaten to forward those texts to my dad, who would just hate me for it. She's always been really abusive, and makes fun of me about how I don't any friends and stuff. I really was thinking about running away, but I have no where to go because I don't really have any close friends that I hang out with out of school. Why should I stay somewhere that I'm not wanted? And school's really stressing me out, my grades are terrible, I'm pretty depressed, and I just can't take thisssssss

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2013 at 02:02 PM ----------

I also can't drive.. so yeah

---------- Post added 8th Apr 2013 at 02:04 PM ----------

Also if you couldn't tell my family is pretty homophobic..

2. photoguy93

I think your best bet is to find a trusted counselor. Granted, she'll probably try and send you to a bad one....sigh. You are in a tight spot.

I know you've posted a lot, but I'm just trying to make sense of this...she actually, literally made you get out of the car because she doesn't want you?

You know, one of my best friends has a really really really fucked up family. She's bisexual and for about 3 years, she dated this pathetic low-life. The amount of tension that causes was astronomical.
    In being one of her closest friends, I can tell you this : if there's truly any way you can build a life for yourself, then you will be so much better off. This life you have lived with will cause you many, many, many issues - let's be frank. You're going to need a lot of support. But you have to be the one to make the choice to say "I'm not going to take this anymore." If you are dealing with actual, strong abuse then you do need to get help. But, it sounds like a lot of people aren't on your side.

3. Boyle

Boyle Guest

Hi. I'm no advice giver. heh. But I'll try.

Maybe running away isn't a good idea... it usually isn't. Right now she's in a bad mood. Wait for things to calm down a bit, sit down and talk to her. You're gonna have to tell her that it's always been this way, that you would change if you could, (because who wants to do things that would disappoint your parents, believe me, this is precisely the reason why I'm in the closet), but you cannot and this is the way it's going to be. If she reacts badly or says that she doesn't want to talk about it, ask her again another time, or don't get into any relationships for the next 2-3 years until you go to university and are completely and financially independent of them.

I seriously hope the best of luck for you. I seriously do.

4. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  5. asmith6543

Dont run away. Are you a junior yet? You will just have one more year before high school is over.

where is your dad? is your family seperated? or was he just not home when the screaming went on.

I think you should just wait it out. Things will die down, eventually.

6. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm a sophomore, my dad works out of state a lot, so I dont see him often

7. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    man thats a tricky one...

you know your rentz more than anyone...there's a helpline for kids who are suffering and not getting the suppourt from family... its 100% confidential maybe try calling that number and they might be able to help...

i feel for ya bud... hope it gets better for ya

8. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should talk to your High School Counselor and tell them specifically what's going on, and why you feel you need to leave. The School will help you find a new place to live with clear signs of abuse, and could help you get emancipated.

9. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I wish I could give you a big hug. I have been thru similar things with my family when I was your age....30+ years ago. Like others have said-talk to a counselor at school. Or make an appt. w/your pc Dr. If you say your being abused by law they have to document it/report it. Sounds like you have a loving bond w/your sister. That is a gift. Please keep us updated. I'm proud of you for accepting who you are. I am just learning that. -Rose

10. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you do need to leave home, don't just run away. That'll put you in a very dangerous situation. Instead, talk to child protective services or a trusted adult to make sure you have a place to stay and support. You don't want to end up on the street.

11. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really don't want to deal with all the drama telling someone would cause..

12. Femmeme

The drama of being a teenager on the streets is probably going to be way worse than the drama of seeking help would be.

If you do run away, do you have a solid plan on where you'll stay? How you'll eat? How you'll get a job without using your real name or ID (which would put you at risk of getting picked up by the cops)?

I ran away as a teen, and it's freaking scary and HARD out there. You have no protection, no rights. People can screw you over right and left, because calling the cops is ALWAYS out of the question as a run away.

Think it through real hard. Running away is almost never a viable option. Getting emancipated IS, but you have to ask for help and be willing to tell the truth about what's going on at home. I know that's terrifying, but it's the only real option.

13. Aeriestars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I totally agree with Femm, it's not a joke. Those are clear signs of abuse, and if you're serious about moving on with your life - you have to go to someone. It's not a matter of drama, it's a matter of moving past something that is immensely negative in your life. If you don't think you can continue there, then you need to talk to your counselor - seriously.

14. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't even know what emancipated means... I'm not that bright:/

15. Femmeme

Emancipated literally means "set free," it's a legal waiver that says your parents would no longer have legal custody of you. You would have most of the rights of an adult. You still have to be of age to vote and such, but you can sign a lease, work and have full legal control over yourself. You sign your own permission slips and medical consent forms. You could completely cut your parents out of your life if you wanted to. It's not common, but older teens in bad situations can petition a judge and get declared legally emancipated.

You'll still have to figure out where you're going to live and how you're going to pay your way through life, but your parents will no longer have ANY say in what you do and you don't have to worry about ending up in juvenile detention as a run away.

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2013 at 09:05 PM ----------

Oh, and stop saying you aren't that bright! You're buying into the crap your abusive parents are saying about you, you don't have to believe them. Think of all the thing you KNOW they're wrong about. Your intelligence and worth are among those things they're wrong about. (*hug*)

16. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah..so running away really wouldn't work..