1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closure

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Bagun9, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Bagun9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone this is sorta my first post here but i guess its better late than ever right. So straight to the point i sorta have a crush on a guy i met in a LGBTQ group. So when we first met we learned we are the same age and we have similar interests. Next time we met he offered me a drive home and we talked alot. He's been really nice to me and i was thinking of possibly asking him out. Thing is I heard from a friend of mine that he's straight. Thing is I'm not entirely sure if he is or not, but I've been thinking of telling him that i like him and see what kind of response i get. So am i thinking to much about it or should i just go with the flow and see what happens. Anyways thanks for listening.

2. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Considering where you met at least he wont punch you in the face over it... go for it

3. Bagun9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea im feeling i should go with it, but i think im terrible when i tell people i like them because i tend to do it at the wrong place or wrong time, any tips for that

4. LD579

Well... The situation should ideally be one where he can 'escape' if necessary. For example, if you told him while he was driving you home, that'd have the potential to be quite awkward, as he'd either have to kick you out of the car, or bear with driving you home all the way, essentially.

Also, it'd be best to tell him this when he's not stressed or down or anything, and when you aren't, either.

Besides that... The right words will help a lot, even if you're just telling him and expecting some sort of 'rejection' / closure. Make sure whatever you say doesn't sound too intense or desperate, etc. ("I really, really love you!")

He likely won't react poorly, and would feel flattered. It's really up to you to take the next step, though. We'll be here to support you if need be.

5. Loveless

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Go for it don't hold your feelings inside i can make you sick. You will know when it is the right time to say it, just express your feelings. don't be afraid to be yourself.

6. Bagun9

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well finally told him today, and you guys were right, he was really nice and flattered about it. I sorta feel down about it but hey i finally got the answer i needed to hear. Still i think i gotta work on my timing cause i told him when he dropped me off. but really thanks everyone