1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She's Gay, But is She Gay For Me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by madi, Apr 8, 2013.

1. madi

I found out last week that a friend of mine that I've been crushing on is gay. basically the day I found out we started cuddling and holding hands. She will suggest cuddling or initiate, but I do a little more of it. She always responds to it well though. We follow each other on Tumblr and text some. She never initiates conversations over text however and doesn't respond over Tumblr. I tagged her in a pic of a close up of people holding hands and when she posted "describe yourself in anonymous and i'll tell you if i'd date you" I posted in anon and got no response. I don't know if she likes me or not. I feel like I may be coming across as desperate because I haven't found any girls who like girls who have so many things in common with me. I wanted to develop a relationship with here, but can't tell if she has feelings for me. I know she likes girls, but I'm not sure if she likes this girl. Any advice? She is a pretty shy person so maybe that's it, but I am so bad at reading signals and I don't want to freak her out by coming on too strong.

2. nyc

nyc

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hmm, from experiance girls dont like it when you come on to strong so maybe dont tell her your in love with her or whatever, but th cuddling is probably cute and if she likes it just take those moments in and if you find youself together try talking about gay experiences and stuff, if she can feel comfortable talking to you and opening up, just take it one step at a time dont try and rush anything. i always find getting drunk together helps cause you become more honest and confident hahaa

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Give it time. Honestly girls are confusing! Test her reactions as you maybe try and kiss her. If she engages, you have your girl. If not, maybe hold back a bit

4. Kay

Kay Guest

I think nyc is on the money. Go with what you have and continue in small steps. In time ask her to go to a movie or anywhere and you follow her lead in this. Don't rush it. Hugs and best of luck honey

5. CHML

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreeing with the above people. Don't rush it :slight_smile: I know you must be going crazy and you want your answers straight away, but you might ruin things by pushing it too far too quickly.

6. madi

thanks guys I'll keep taking it slow. Let you know how it goes :slight_smile: