1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really depressed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aurora, Apr 8, 2013.

1. aurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am really depressed and can't seem to control my emotions.. the issue is that I'm a female trapped in a male body and I know my parents wouldn't accept me as I truly am. Being 18 I'm almost home free as far as moving out, but I've relapsed into self harm because I can't seem to shake my depression. Any advice???

2. Loveless

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh my god man thank you for coming to this site to seek support, this site is absolutely 5/5 amazing when it come to special people like us who are having troubles with accepting ourselves. I know where you come from on the self harm level and on the depression level. When my dad pretty much made me go into football i hated it because i was gay, but i went and i overheard my teammates talking about how they beat the shit out of this gay kid last year. It made me terrified for being gay and that's what led to me spiraling into a depression, soon afterwards self harm thoughts came to me at my darkest hours when i'm alone and my mind would be racing.

But i was tired of being scared of myself and what people would think of me. I know you have ran scenarios in your head a million times just like i did. But i came out and told my parents i was gay and they were very supportive towards me and said they love me no matter what.

Please don't keep secrets from your parents that was the only thing that made my mom cry is that i kept it in and hid it. Please don't be afraid or scared we are what we are. Now idk what time it is where you are but for me it's almost 12 am. so if it's late where you are too, just relax calm your breathing down, close your eyes and take deep breaths you have to relax your mind. Try and get some sleep you will feel better in the morning.

3. aurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    the problem is that I know they'd have an issue with how I feel take my brother's situation for example. My brother is gay ( well he's 16 so he may just be curious) but my parents totally have an issue with that. Therefore being a female gender variant the last thing I need Is a lot of bashing. Anyway finding out that I can undergo surgery to fix my gender identity it helps a little bit. Though I still get depressed at random time periods because of my feeling of self esteem at not being able to express who I truly want to be without public resentment.

4. aurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really wish there was someone who has first hand experience about dealing with emotions as a transgender that could help me.

5. theMaverick

Well I don't have any experience with transgender issues, but I have dealt with depression. One of the biggest things that helped me with my depression, aside from EC and self acceptance, which is something that only comes with a little time, was taking a Vitamin D supplement. I'm not a doctor and this is, of course, not medical advice, but it really made me feel better.

Another suggestion, something I'm about to do myself, is therapy. If you're about to be in college, most colleges offer free counseling for a variety of issues.

6. aurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well any advice helps and as far as accepting myself it is a complicated situation. I've longed to be female since I was in middle school and after some research and self assessment of my feelings I realized why I feel the way I do and only recently have I found a way to fix my feelings of dread that I'd always be stuck in this male body. Though until I can get the help of my parents or move out I won't be able to start feeling as I should. My biggest issue is that my feelings have always affected my relations with others and its really starting to get to me that my depression has prevented me from making many friends.

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2013 at 10:01 PM ----------

If any passerby people know any government or private organizations that may help finance my journey toward becoming gender correct then I'd greatly appreciate the help.

7. Loveless

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When i got myself into a depression some years ago, because i am bisexual, my parents took me to a doctor and he prescribed me a anti-depressant called Prozac. Now i had some serious issues with taking pills and stuff, honestly i just thought doctors were all just creepy quacks. But after taking this i did feel better, not immediately or very noticeably. But upon reflection i felt that i slept so much better and that i felt very good waking up, like i was just ready to tear shit up today :grin:. I'm not a pill pusher but you could possibly bring it up with your doctor in the future.

8. aurora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe but i believe pills would just cause me to be hazy and anyway my depression isn't caused because of my gender identity but the lack of a body that represents my true self and until I can change I don't think I'll be able to get over my depression

---------- Post added 9th Apr 2013 at 10:35 PM ----------

I have noticed that online support has helped and I've started explaining my story to my gay friend at school and I seem to be calmed down some more lately though my relationship with my parents isn't helping lately.