1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hanging out with boyfriend issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by andrewshell11, Apr 9, 2013.

1. andrewshell11

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am currently in a relationship with this awesome guy. We have been in one for maybe 2 weeks or so. Anyways, I constantly find myself annoyed with thinking about hanging out with him. I want to hang out with him sometimes, but there is just no time. I am not out so I can't tell my parents I'm dating a guy or anything. I sort of live in the middle of nowhere, so going places is sort of difficult and expensive. We are both 17 by the way. I just never know what to do. I want to spend time with him, but i don't want it to feel like a job that I have to do. Any ideas on how often to hang out and things we can do? We live in the middle of nowhere in the south so everyone talks about everything and is SUPER religous.

2. RaRa

Go to a park, go to the movies, play some FUN RUN together on your phones....lol. Just kidding, but no really that game is awesome.

Honestly me and my friends can spend hours just chilling in my car talking to each other and never get bored.

Just be WITH him. You dont have to see him everyday to make it count.

3. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    how do guys being in the closet find partners?

im struggling to find 1 friend and there's people who have partners?
    man im jealous...

go to an arcade? hang out at the mall or park... im sure two guys hanging out in public aint the end of the world

4. robclem21

There is obviously some disconnect here in this 2 week old relationship. Do you feel like you really like this guy or are you just more enamoured that you have found someone to be with?

If you really like him, than hanging out shouldn't seem like a chore. You should want to be with him and hanging out should feel easy and natural and comfortable. Whether you are going out to do things or just staying home shouldn't matter. Yes, it is always more fun when you get to go out and do fun things, but that shouldn't effect whether you want to see him or not. It is even tougher when there is limited time. I understand that, but seeing him should be down time that is relaxing. If its stressing you out more than this relationship isn't working for you.

The experience I had like this where I found it annoying to go see my boyfriend, turned out to be a situation where I was forcing it. It took me a while to come to that conclusion, but I really wasn't enjoying our relationship. It made me stressed out to see him no matter what we were doing.

Especially 2 weeks into a relationship, the feelings of wanting to always be around each other probably should not have faded yet.