1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outed By My Freinds

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FeministFemme97, Apr 11, 2013.

1. This happened just before we broke up for School Holidays, but now that I'm about to go back I just don't know if I can even look at them when we see each other again.

So I make the stupid mistake of telling three of my friends that I was Gay. (*And Prize for most ignorant teen goes to*)
    About two weeks later I went in to School and found that my cousin (in the same year) is acting very shifty, and so are my friends.
    So I get home, kick off my shoes and settle down to my homework when my Mum comes in to my room and sits down.
    Apparently she got a call from her sister, telling her that my cousin had heard a 'viscous rumor' about me going around the school and wanted to know if it was true. I denied it of course.
    Needless to say I go in the next day fuming. At lunch I corner them all in the classroom individually and get all their stories. Here's the jist that I got;

They had told my cousin a few days earlier, so they all decided to make my Coming Out 'easier' by doing the legwork for me and telling everyone.

How do I forgive them for that? I've kept so many secrets for them; One of the claims to be Bisexual (But these events lead me to believe she's just attention seeking), I keep their crushes secret, I know about failed suicide attempts and past drug use.
    After all that I come to them with my one....one... secret. And they betray me.

How can I forgive them? And how am I supposed to damage control this situation? :confused2:

2. Beware Of You

If it was me I would just stop talking to them about stuff like that, they are obviously untrustworthy. They obviously have no understanding of what it is like to be gay, since they thought it would "help" to out you to your family behind your back.

I am so sorry about your Mums reaction to it, but hopefully you will come out on your own terms one day.

Damage Control - Looks like your Mum didn't believe it, "Viscous Rumours" are seldom believed, so I will doubt it will spread that far around your family, regard school I would just ignore any questions about it, if you want deny them as rumours.

There were rumours circulating about me, I had the bold decision to bite the bullet and come out on my own terms which worked, but I was more or less ready to come out by that point. Still my parents appreciated that I could come and talk to them about it

#2 Beware Of You, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013