1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dream of him

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Darkrai, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Darkrai

Darkrai Guest

I hope you all don't mind if I get a lil' sentimental.

So there is one guy, that I have had a crush on for a long time. We were best friends in college.

But one day he confessed to me that the only reason he became my friend was to use me to get close to a girl I knew.

Things would be so much more simple if he was just a straight guy, but he's bi. And there was a time he would come on to me.

But now all I want to do is forget him, but I can't. And I even dream about see him again.

So what is guy to do? Just let time take it's course?

2. LD579

Well... There're two things at play here. First of all, he was playing games with you, in a way. He toyed with your feelings to get closer to you, and subsequently, this girl.

The second thing is tied to the first really closely. When did he stop playing these games? It could be said that you two truly became friends after he stopped belittling your feelings and toying around with them. If he hasn't stopped until recently... Well, you may want to have a talk with him about this. He might deserve a second chance, but it's up to you if you want to give it to him.

On that note, it's possible that he stopped playing around with you a bit after you both became 'friends'. I really don't know; there's not enough info here for me to be able to tell. The point is that only you know your situation well enough to make a move. It's up to you if you think my advice is helpful or not, but at least it'll get you thinking maybe a bit more than if I hadn't said anything at all.

I'd say that you might want to spend some time away from him to sort out your feelings and thoughts. If you want to forget about him, then you might want to stop thinking about him. I know that's pretty vague advice, but... it's kind of true. Of course, it can be hard to just stop thinking about someone else, so you might want to preoccupy your thoughts and time with other things and people. A combination of that and time passing should allow you to forget / get over this guy.