1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does the Bracelet mean anything?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 12, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I know that it is quite stereotypical to think that if a boy wears a bracelet then he is gay. But other bracelet I saw my crush wear was beaded. It wasn't rainbow coloured, but it did have beads on it, does that mean anything?

Also, does it make a difference which wrist a bracelet is worn if someone is gay. I have already looked at answers from other sites, but they always say things like it doesn't matter which wrist. And some people are saying left is gay, and others are saying right is gay.

So, please try to answer these questions:

1 Does wearing a beaded (not rainbow coloured) bracelet mean that a boy might be gay?

2 If the answer to the previous question is yes, does it matter which wrist it is on?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

2. I wear bracelets to conceal my self harm scars... people wear bracelets for different reasons. Lots of my straight friends wear bracelets, it means nothing. Being gay is not determined by what a person wears, it's by what gender they like!

3. catatonie

I have never heard of bracelets indicating anything about sexuality.

4. manoverboard09

I wear bracelets but I also have straight friends who do the same. its only jewelry.

I guess thats kind of the whole thing where if you have your right ear pierced you're gay, and left you're straight. it's just silly things people make up. no worries.

5. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  6. catatonie

7. theMaverick

I used to wear those awareness bracelets. Like breast cancer, save the whales, etc.

And that was before I knew I was gay/bi.

Now I don't wear bracelets, I've opted for a nice watch instead, but that's got nothing to do with my sexuality. I just prefer the more masculine look of a nice watch, plus it's functional.

8. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Depends, of course, on which wrist you wear it!

I jest!

9. theMaverick

Bahahaha. I wear it on my left hand, I don't know if that's the right hand or not, lol.

I remember back in 6th grade when everyone was getting their ear pierced (just one ear for some reason, 2 ears was gay apparently) I got my ear pierced and wondered the whole weekend if it was the right ear. Society is ridiculous, haha.

10. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's only the right hand if you're right-handed. If you're a leftie...well.... :wink:

11. theMaverick

I'm right handed and wear it on the left because it's much more comfortable.

12. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks for all of the replies. Can I just ask to confirm though, does it really matter what wrist you wearf it on? And does it not increase the chance of him being gay?

13. LD579

1. It doesn't matter what wrist you wear a bracelet on. Position of a bracelet does not indicate sexuality at all. It's not like bandanas or hankies or ear rings or anything else.
    2. He's just wearing a normal, beaded bracelet. It's not like it's a pride bracelet or anything.
    3. Wearing a bracelet does not make you gay at all. Many straight guys wear bracelets.

You might want to start to consciously get over this guy. You've made many threads and posts about this guy, and it's bordering on obsessive, which definitely is not healthy. He's younger than you, and less mature, and you might even be missing out in some ways on your childhood.

I suggest that you try to think about other guys. This boy is just a boy, really. It wouldn't hurt at all to crush on other guys (after all, it's just a crush... Isn't it?).

14. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it's pretty safe to say without any fear of contradiction....the fact he wears a bracelet has absolutely ZERO impact on his sexuality.

15. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Luthan, I do not appreciate the fact that you are commenting on my relationship with him, I am going through a tough time and I am in no way obsessed or trying to get over him as I have no need to. This thread did not even mention that this is the same boy I was talking about, so you could well be wrong about me creating numerous threads about him, so you have no right to comment. Sorry to bring it up, but I am in no mood to be critisized and judged by someone I have never met, and someone that does not have a clue about what I am going through away from this site.

16. LD579

Well, I apologize. You're quite right. That was insensitive and crass of me, so I hope you'll forgive me. I won't do it again, for sure. Again, sorry about this all. I didn't mean to upset you or anything, but in hindsight I could've been much more understanding and less judgmental.

EDIT: My words in my previous post, looking back, sound quite a bit more harsh than I'd intended. Of course, it's just text and all, but I'd intended the 'voice' / 'tone' to be softer. Sorry once again, I understand that things are tough.

#16 LD579, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  17. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Don't worry about it, I think I was a bit harsh as well. It's just that I am quite stressed right now, and really want to get to know him, but I am not a very sociable person. And he is the only person I can imagine going out with.

So yeah, don't worry about it, and no avoidance in the future. :slight_smile:

18. stumble along

Please for the love of god stop with the obsessing, its not healthy and slightly annoying that you make new threads nearly every other day about one thing asking the same question over and over.

Unless he says "I am gay/ I like dudes/ I am bisexual" then you have to assume straight.

I don't care if he wears a rainbow magicians costume shitting unicorns and puking up rainbows waving a sailor moon wand around, he is straight and needs to go to the doctor.

I can't understand how you can be so obsessesively crushing on someone you dont even know, but you need to find a way to talk to him and then have ten seconds of courage to say hi because it isn't that bad after the introduction.

Seriously though, at least keep the whole thing in one thread.

19. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

For God's sake, you too!!!? I am fed up with strangers constantly saying that I am obsessed, you have no idea what I am going through, so why don't you just SHUT UP!!!! If you have just replied to slag me off then you can quite simply piss off. I'm sorry but I've just had enough, everyone days I'm obsessed when I'm just asking if a bloody bracelet makes a difference! You have no right to come critisizing me like that, you don't even know me! If this seems like a bit much then I'm sorry, but I just want people to answer the question and stop calling me obsessed!!!

20. Femmeme

clarkec1, if you ask people for opinions you can't control what they're going to say. I think the people who are making you upset here are really trying to help because they see you doing something (that we've probably all done at some point) that can be really emotionally harmful to you.

I'm really sorry you're having a hard time, truly. But the fact is all of these threads your posting, all of these questions you're asking. They aren't going to help you. We can't tell you if this kid is gay, no matter how much information you give us. Because not only do we not know him, neither do you.

If you want to know him, smile at him. Say hi. Asking him how he's doing, but do it because you want to know him in his own right. Not because you want to get something (a relationship) from him.

Wondering about him, trying to figure him out from a distance, all of that will only get in the way of actually getting to know him because you're creating preconceived notions of who he is. Going into a friendship or relationship with someone with set ideas about who they are is a recipe for disaster.

I'm sorry. I wish we could give you what you're looking for, but we can't. No one but the boy in question can really tell you anything true and worth knowing about him.