1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So i think i need to tell my mom...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheMightyBoosh, Apr 12, 2013.

1. TheMightyBoosh

:smilewave:help::confused:

So i think i need to tell my mom

:confused2::starwars:

I have to go back to college on the 16th...and my anxiety is already really bad. I'm not sure what to do right now and i want to tell my mom about everything and "come out" she she can either 1 of 2
    [​IMG]
    1) Help me(*hug*)
    2) Or reject me :icon_sad:

I am soooo sooo scared of that second option...unbelievably scared.

But lately things haven't been going so well at home... and this is partly stopping me from opening up to my mom. I have been feeling really suicidal :tears: because i dunno... I just feel so much like a freak and i am scared... scared if i tell i'll have no one and be on my own. I am scared my mom wont love me anymore. I have 3 younger sisters and an older brother..my mom and my dad *not real dad but he is the best dad ever* have been saying for a while now how they want a baby boy but unfortunately they have failed to produce any babies since my moms miscarriage in.. i think 2012. My older brother sadly is not very good and has agoraphobia and anxiety and stuff so i kinda feel it would be nice to show my sister's what a real big brother should be like.. i don't mean he's not real and i don't want that to sound wrong and mean. I don't mean it like that..

I don't know how to tell her, i don't want her to be disappointed in me, but i know if i don't tell her i will always hate myself and won't be able to cope with the stress of keeping it a secret. It hurts me so much :bang:

I just needed to get this out as i am about to try get some sleep at 5am right now...
    [​IMG]
    "Over and Out"

2. Hefiel

Test the waters. Try to find out what your mom thinks of homosexuality. I think that's where you should start. If you're afraid she might find out indirectly, try to ask when the subject is raised by someone else or maybe from a news report on TV or article in the journal. Something along the lines of "What's your view on gays?".

You could also try to come out to close friends who'll support you first (do test the waters first with them too) or join an LGBT group in College if there's one to at least have some form of support regardless of what the outcome may be with your mother.

Also, if you're thinking about suicide, do seek help. If you can't find close help, you could always try to phone organizations like the TREVOR project to get some help. It's an organization that deals with suicide prevention among LGBTQ Youth so they're definitively equipped to help you.