1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in love with my best friend and hes straight, i think....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bootskatt, Apr 13, 2013.

1. bootskatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, first time posting. This is probably the best place to talk about my predicament.

I met this guy in high school in year 9 (15 years old) and we've been best of friends since then. He is pretty much the best friend ive ever had in my life and he has told me he feels the same way about me on multiple occasions (usually when we're high). last year over the summer break we were hanging out together a lot, I was staying over at his place all the time. That was around the time i started having feelings for him, it was really killing me inside and i just had to tell him to get it off my chest. When I told him he didn't react well at all. He wasn't scared of me or freaked out, he just didn't know what to do because he says he is 90% straight (wants to lose virginity to a girl). We both agreed that it was best to take a small break from each other. After that, things seemed to become normal. we were best friends again and it was awesome. But now the feelings for him are back and they're a lot stronger than before. The thing that tipped the balance for me was when he was slightly drunk at a party and a girl asked if he was gay, he was quite into this girl and he said "I'm straight, but maybe if i was really drunk or high and i discovered something about myself....."

I'm not sure if this is a sign or not. i mean, he said it in a very truthful manner and when i was sitting right next to him.

I just don't know what to do, i love him more than anything in the world and i don't want to mess things up.

Any help is appreciated. I know there are no answers to this question but just a bit of advice would put my mind at ease.

2. asmith6543

he was drunk when he said that to you. you will have to take him for face value, otherwise you risk your relationship with him as a friend.

3. bootskatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He has said on many occasions that he doubts his sexuality. I think all i can do now is just be best friends with him and just see if anything develops.

4. robclem21

I wouldn't hope for anything to develop. People say a lot of things when they are drunk and high. Until he tells you when he is sober that he wants to be more than friends (which likely might never happen), I say drop it and keep things the way they are now. Either limit your time around him or find other people who can reciprocate those romantic feelings.

5. Cougar

Cougar Guest

"Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
    Grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel"

Make sure that you don't loose your best friend.

His statement that he is only 90% straight indicates that he is ready to broaden his sexual horizon. Perhaps you can help him with that project. But don't take the initiative, don't try to become his lover. Friendship isn't love. I once spent a night with a best friend which ruined our friendship, because he felt rejected when I didn't want that sex & love part to continue. You should not believe that love is something better than real friendship. It is something very different, something much more passionate and violent. Don't get your fingers burnt! :icon_wink