1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Same-Sex Relationship between 13 and 12 Year Olds?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 13, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I don't want to base this off previous posts, I simply want to know whether YOU think it would be normal or a bit strange for a 13 and a 12 year old to be in a same-sex relationship.

2. josh9623

I think that not only is it normal, it is great that someone could realize such things at that age, however anything sexual should wait a few years in my opinion.

3. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, don't worry, I know that being sexually intimate at that age is not appropriate, but at least now I know being in a same-sex relationship at that age is fine.

4. Hopeful

I agree, I think you know if you're interested in the same-sex at that age, but that a relationship should wait a few years until you've matured a bit. :slight_smile: I was almost 17 before I had my first relationship and I'm glad I wasn't any younger!

5. lexi

lexi Guest

I'm not going to judge anyone, but I think that it depends on the situation... Sometimes its better to wait until a little after puberty before getting into serious relationships of any type just because of confusing hormones and brain development.

Without personally knowing you I can't really tell you whether I think you should be in a relationship (gay or not) but if you think you're ready then don't let other people's opinions affect your decision too much. Just make sure to think for a while and be sure it's the right decision :slight_smile:

6. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, I know that I am bisexual, but I really want to go out with this boy, I think that I'll leave it a bit before actually making a move on him though as I have other priorities like finding out if he is even gay! Lol.

7. June Cleaver

That is how I started. We were about 12 the first time he asked me to do something, which I did and it went on until we were 18 and out on our own. We stayed a couple till 20 when I got away from him. I learned a lot with him and have some fond memories. So I say yes it is normal. Good luck! June

8. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

I just need to tell him I like him, I really don't care what anyone else says anymore!!! Thanks!