1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell if a guy likes you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Imaparrot, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Imaparrot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm gay and There is a guy at work im having trouble figuring out if hes interested in me. Yesterday he walks into work and I say "hey dude" he looks at me and raises both of his eye brows up and down twice very quickly. Is this just a nonverbal hello or is there more to it? To me it looked like he was letting me know he was interested in me. Any ideas? I have a feeling that he might be gay i just have a feeling he is, this could be wishful thinking though. Let me explain him a little bit. He always dresses nice. He wears tight fitting clothing mostly shirts.He kinda has that limp wrist a little. Its just horrible i cant tell if i should make a move? i dont wanna make a fool out of myself. Im not out of the closet and i dont wanna ruin a potential friendship. Weve talked previously but briefly. We have alot of the same interests so yesterday i left a note in his locker telling him to check out a band he might like. I dont see him alot at work so its hard to talk.

2. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Well, it seems that you don't talk to him much, so that is both an advantage and disadvantage. The advantage is that if you do make a move, and he is not interested, then you have not lost a friendship, even if you do face embarrassment. The disadvantage is that he may find it slightly unusual if you, a person he does not know that well, makes a move on him.

All of these signs of him being gay are reasonably stereotypical, so don't take anything for granted. Perhaps you could get to know him more at work, or ask him out for a friendly drink. It may be more convenient if you have gatherings at work (some workplaces have Christmas parties and gatherings etc), so at least then it would be much more comfortable and relaxing for you.

Ask him some questions that may end up in him telling you that he is gay. Don't try too hard though, sometimes things that you want happen when you least expect it.

Good Luck!

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

Just to add, the eyebrow thing probably isn't a sign that he likes you, but if you like him, you should try and do something, anything, to try and get there

Once again, Good Luck!

3. Mystory

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    most of the time, these so called signs that we interpret and see are usually just our own minds projecting and creating what we want to see... you cannot really know unless he confesses to you that he likes you

4. CrazyAntFarm

Probably best to just take it slow and get to know him a little more before you make any assumptions. Right now, you can't definitely say that he's even gay let alone whether or not he likes you.

Continue to try and build a friendship with him. You'll find out more that way.

5. stumble along

99% chance that he was just saying hi in a goofy way, considering you havent told us how long you two have been working or known each other that is what im going with. definitiely not enough context to think it was meant more than a hello.

ask him if he wants to hang out next time you have a chance, to me at least it sounds probable and i would go into the hang out and if you notice a hot guy tell him, that way he knows youre into guys and that gives him the oppurtunity to tell you then or in the future.

if he jokingly says "is this a date/ are you asking me out" say something like " it can be if you want it to" and just wink or something.

6. asmith6543

dont go by the sterotypicalities (yes, i just made that into a word). straight guys can have one or more of those traits. ask him if he would ever want to hang out... get his phone number.

7. Mrcake

I sort of have this situation with my co workers at work, but I think that they like me and I don't really like them - they are like 7 years older. I would say, just say hi to this person and talk with him. Don't rush anything, but maybe leave a note in his locker with your phone number or something. If you talk then you may find out more things about this guy and be able to make an educated guess on if he likes you or not.