1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am lost

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SpongeBob, Apr 13, 2013.

1. SpongeBob

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am 16 years old boy and i am lost. i am not out as gay, only to two persons. i don't know who i am and what i want. i am really depressed about it. i have some social problems. people are nice with me in school but when it comes to weekend nobody calls me to hang out with them. there are rumours about me being gay. people knew i was gay even before i knew. it's not a surprise because i mostly hang out (if i hang out)with girls and don't do any sports. i hang out with girls because i feel safe with them, like nobody judge me, i don't have feelings that someone will kick my ass etc. (though i fing "girly" topics boring). i was bullied in my school, mostly boys. i did some sports but i quit because they made fun of me and also bullied me etc. anyway, i am lost. i have zero self-confidence about anything.when i came to high school 11/13 boys in my class made fun of me behind my back and directly to me. girls in class also made fun of me. i think i am stupid, like i am nothing. i am so depressed i do nothing in my life, i don't have any hobby, i'd only sleep because when i sleep i don't think of my problems .
    i'd really like to start doing some sport but i feel like they will make fun of me again.
    i see danger in people. people think i am arrogant but i don't know what to say to them, i don't know how to act, cause' i think they will make fun of me and so on...

p.s. this si just a piece of my problems, my head is a mess. i know it probably sounds like a typical teenage-problem but i just needed to tell it to someone cause it's making me crazy... thank you :slight_smile:

2. Femmeme

(*hug*)

I understand exactly what you mean about seeing danger in people and coming off as haughty or arrogant. I've been there. Being in high school just sucks, you're forced to have these social connections and/or deal with horrible people everyday. I won't tell you life gets easy, but once you're older and have more control over your life and who you let in it... well it really does get better.

Are there any community based (as apposed to school based) sports you can get into? Getting outside of that group of people and making connections elsewhere can be a real breath of fresh air.

3. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same plane; different classes.
    I feel you, kid. I do. Been there, and done that, and back again.
    High School can go so many ways, because that's a crazy time for every single kid.
    You're going to have to take steps, bud. It's your life, and you've got to live it. Not for those kids, but for you. Do not let what they say or don't say, do or don't do, directly or otherwise get to you. It's life. It's going to swing at you every which way, you've just got to sway and dodge. Yes, you'll take hits, but you can't go down, yeah?

So, lets back track to a lack of hobbies, yet there's something you want to do: Sports.
    If it's school related, go for it. If you can find a sport that's unrelated to your school. Try it. Either way, go for it. If you have an interest, give it a shot. The worst thing you can do is to sit by and do nothing. Nothing results in nothing. Don't worry about what people may think, or say, or do. I remember years ago, I wanted to join a gym, but I could never bring myself to even go in, out of fear of what people would think of me, or say. I was intimidated, deathly so. One day, I sat in the parking lot, waiting, building up the nerve to go in. 30 minutes later, I walked right in, looked at the guy at the counter, and told him he couldn't let me leave without joining.
    He treated me wonderfully, and I've been going to this gym for forever, now. I took that step, and didn't care what happened once I got in there. I knew what I wanted, and I went for it.
    You need to do the same.

Take that step, and it could open all sorts of doors for you. You never know. It could lead to friends, a more social life, more hobbies, better self-confidence. It could help steer you toward happiness.

At 16, it's intimidating, life, the world; but you can rise taller and better, just don't throw in the towel.

And another thing. You are not stupid. You are not nothing.
    You are you. You are unique. There is nothing else like you around.
    You're brave, too. You've joined a forum, telling us who you are, and putting your problems out there. Everybody can't do that; some are too crippled by fear of what would be said to them. So kudos, man!

You're young, and you're in a good place to where you can start whipping life into what you want. Just put forth a foot, and start walking the path. Make it happen. You can do it, and only you can ultimately stand in the way.

And if you ever need an ear to vent into, I'm always open.

Now, take charge, kid. I expect to hear good things from you in the future. (*hug*)

4. bootskatt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    find something you're really good at, whatever that may be. this doesn't sem like much but trust me dude, if you can find a passion for something you will start being recognised for what you are good at and people will approach you. It's a fucking cruel world, especially for non-straight people.

Just put yourself out there and you'll be fine mate (*hug*)

5. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

(*hug*)

Firstly, never get yourself down, I understand that your life may feel worthless and pointless, and that everyone is against you, but we're not. We are here to help you, to give you advice, and we will do just that! :slight_smile:

You need to know that if people at school are bullying you and discriminating you etc due to your sexuality, then that is very intolerable. People get bullied for many reasons, their weight, height, personality, but sexism is one that is not tolerable at all. Tell a teacher, form tutor (if you have those), a prefect or another friend. I can guarantee that schools do not take sexist and racist forms of bullying lightly, so don't be afraid to tell anyone, even if you don't want teachers or other people knowing you're gay.

If you think that you will get bullied if you join sports again, then don't, especially if you don't really like sports.

If you don't have friends that are boys, then that is not a problem, just because you have all female friends, it doesn't mean that you are lonely. Make male friends if you want, but on this matter, you are OK.

So... Good Luck, hope this helps, and welcome to Empty Closets! We're all here to help, so don't be afraid to create a thread any time you are in doubt, or are in need of support, advice, and a shoulder to cry on and a person to tell your problems!

:slight_smile:. (*hug*)

6. MapleCross

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree w ith the others. Try and think about what you would like to do outside of school. Can you get involved with something like a drama group or a dance group. You could also think of joining a gym or some sport like swimming. You may be shy and self conscious, but so are most other people, so screw up your courage and find something that interests you. You do not need to be good at it, but just something that you like doing

Good luck