1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents!?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by clarkec1, Apr 14, 2013.

1. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

This has got nothing to do with my sexuality, but please, it is just as important and this is the only site I could think of to turn to.

My parents never seem to get on. And me and my parents (particularly my mom) never get on. My mom seems to always be complaining and fu*ing me off for no reason. Whenever we do get along it doesn't last. I seriously think that it is her that is doing it all wrong, and not me.

Sometimes, I just want to hit her in the face and hope it kills her. It may sound harsh, but believe me, if you knew how the relationship with me and my mom was, you would agree.

What do I do!? I have only told you briefly about it all, buy please tell me. Should I run away? Should I talk to someone at school? I don't know!

Please help, I need it. Thanks in Advance.

2. I suggest not to run away, if you think it is that bad then first see if you can stay with any relatives. You've mentioned a cousin on a previous thread, maybe they could help you? If that fails and you truly think it is that bad then maybe you could consider speaking to your father, if you get along well enough, to move out with him. You said they don't get along so it could be a solution and I don't think you'd want to go down the route of adoption.

3. lull23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whether you've previously got on really well with your parents, never really got on with them at all, are gay, straight, or even been brought up by a troop of monkeys in a rainforest, you can pretty much guarantee that every single teenager on the planet has felt like you do now at some point.

It's not going to last forever, it's just a part of growing up and wanting more freedom. You're becoming your own person, rebelling against everything your parents say (regardless of if they're correct or not). It'll pass. Don't do anything stupid like running away - that solves nothing. Talk to someone at school if you think it'll help - if there's a teacher you trust, approach them.

4. evora

My parents and I don't really get on either, especially me and my mum. We argue a lot but they let me live with them, and support me financially (kind of...) so I put up with them (and they put up with me I suppose).
    You're only 13 and if otherwise they are fairly decent to you, you should maybe ignore them and look forward to when you'll be 18 or whatever the legal age it is there for you to be considered an adult.
    I don't want to sound mean, but if the only thing that's making you feel angry with them is the constant arguments and they don't physically harm you, or starve you etc., you definitely shouldn't run away.
    I know at times parents can say very hurtful things but the best thing you can do, in my opinion, is to ignore them.
    This might not be what you were hoping to hear. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.:icon_sad:

5. clarkec1

clarkec1 Guest

Thanks, I'll try to ignore them as much as I can, I agree it's probably just a phase that every teenager goes through, if it gets really bad though, I might consider talking to my cousin etc. Thanks again!

6. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Been there done that...

You are most probably part of it, just unaware of your contribution.

First, you are 13 you have hormones ebbing and flowing like never before in your life. You may not realize it but your mood is most likely all over the place. Your body is changing daily and you are continually adapting to change.

Add to that you are gay and society offers you few role models you can relate to.

Second, if your parents are always fighting the odds are you don't have any good role models on how to avoid or defuse an emotional situation.

With that in mind toss them a hockey puck. Tell them you want to see a therapist. When they ask why tell them you will discuss it with a therapist. Then stand your ground.

They should be so focused on you and your unknown problem it will defuse their petty bickering. In the meanwhile you get access to a therapist who can teach you good coping skills (pick a gay friendly one).

Sly as snakes, simple as doves.

Best of luck. Dodge and weave.