1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Moment When One Realizes They are Forever Alone...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by steelygreye, Apr 14, 2013.

1. steelygreye

I had thought she was a Lesbian, but I found out recently she isn't...

I don't think I know any Lesbians besides myself, and it can get very lonely. My hopes were all worked up, too.

It's days like this when it starts to feel like I'll never meet another Lesbian in person. What if I'm alone for the rest of my life? I can't ask my parents for advice on this subject for obvious reason, and I feel as though my sisters just don't understand (they're both cis-gender and straight).

Anyone out there going through similar things?

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

*hugs* I know how you feel. I feel like I'm gonna die alone. I feel like no one loves me. I just wanna be held sometimes and it hurts to know that no one out there is gonna hold me :'(

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Looking through some of my old posts, I found a few from the last few years, talking about how nobody had ever been interested in me, I'd never even properly dated anyone, and that meant that nobody ever would and I'd be alone for the rest of my life.

Yeah, that didn't happen. I've dated several people and am in a really happy relationship. It's the most annoying thing in the world to hear right now, but it does come with time.

4. SleeplessS

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

I know that feeling..

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2013 at 05:44 PM ----------

Yes. I parted with my now ex-wife of four years just a year ago (will be a year in may) and I can honestly tell you I felt like I wouldn't survive. A year later I am still here, still feeling lonely sometimes and sometimes the bouts of loneliness are so big I just want to do away with myself, it's a miserable rabbits hole you're in, I know that place. But it won't last. For a simple reason that nothing lasts in life. Try to enjoy life, I know it sounds so banal and easy but so hard to do right now, but at this point, what have you got to lose? How would you rather spend the time before you meet someone, feeling down about it or making the best of what is given to you? I know the loneliness and the depression all too well, trust me, I am not throwing words to wind when I say this to you, it'll work out.
    And hey, cheer up kiddo :slight_smile: (*hug*)